Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make Blackhole Mk. 1 Gear Bind on Legacy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please make Blackhole Mk. 1 Gear Bind on Legacy!

AshlaBoga
06.07.2012 , 02:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
Yeah, I posted a question about that last week. After I discovered I could do that. Bioware removed it, and said they were going to investigate to see if its an xploit or not. Still waiting to hear back, lol.

I have fully legacy gear on an up and coming alt. I'll do that when he hits 50 if it's not revealed to be against the rules by then. : )
Almost a month has passed since your post and the Legacy Gear transfer of Tionese, Columi, Rakata and above mods is still present in game. So I guess they have no intention of removing this () my guess is that they realized how many people (like me) would rant on the forums if they did so.

So yay! Got one of my alts to 50 and he recieved a lovely present of Columi gear.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

wainot-keel
06.07.2012 , 09:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
I know it's not BiS in slot, but it is an upgrade from Rakata, atleast for a sorc.
You just need to itemize properly. I know it's expensive, I have probably spent over a million credits just moving modifications around. But done properly, it most certainly is an increase. Again, I am speaking for Sorcs and Operatives. I honestly do not know about other classes. But I am pretty sure that each one gets those adept enhancements on some of the MK1 stuff, and they are sexy.
I thinks it's for all classes. One of my guildies already bought the same piece twice, just to boost his power with the mods and the enhancements. BH gear It's an improvement but definetely takes some mod swapping. It's good to know that costs for that will be reduced in 1.3

Aurojiin
06.07.2012 , 05:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
At best all you can do is buy a piece for 60 coms, pull 1 upgrade out of it, and slot it into your rakata gear for a minimal upgrade.
EXACTLY.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't get this. if you're equipping gear items straight from the vendor, you're doing it wrong. Default gear itemisation ranges from sub-optimal at best to ludicrously bad at worst (see Sage/Sorc healers).

Hell, itemised Columi thrashes vendor Rakata in most cases. If you want true BiS, then you'll be buying Black Hole pieces and doing just what you said. If you don't really care about min-maxing your gear, then that's one thing. But you're complaining because you don't perceive Black Hole to be an upgrade compared to your Rakata, which is completely missing the point. You don't balance your gear at an item level, you balance it at a mod level. When you have an optimal ratio of stats and every armouring/mod/enhancement is 61, then you can be disgruntled about excess Black Hole comms.

Crixaliss
06.08.2012 , 01:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CBRGhostRider
I still haven't figured out which BH gear I should buy.

As a tank, it seems I should buy the bulwark gear (w/ defense/shield stats on it), but some pieces (like implants) are direct downgrades from rakata, while other pieces like boots differ significantly from campaign boots i.e. BH bulwark boots and campaign war hero boots dont have same stats, but BH gloves and campaign gloves have same stats.

I thought BH gear is same as campaign but without set bonus. The new tier just has me really confused. There's also MK1, Mk2, MK3, and an MK4 which drops from the story mode. Someone please explain this to me. I have 149 BH comms, and the only thing I've bought so far is the earpiece.
Some people need to actually look at secondary stats before saying things are a "direct downgrade".

The implants for jugg tanks (which I guess you must be from mentioning the bulwark stuff) which you used as an example:

Rakata:
Strength - 77
Endurance - 118
Accuracy - 48
Defense - 37

Black Hole Mk-1
Strength - 93
Endurance -108
Shield - 57
Absorb - 57

And you think thats a direct downgrade?