Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yomitako
06.07.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1151
Quote: Originally Posted by Leatherbeak View Post
Are you serious? What kind of service is this? How can you possibly be sure that guilds will not be broken up if you have to DISBAND the guild?

Guys, the honeymoon is over. This amateur stuff is not how to keep your player base. If it takes you some time to figure this out then FIGURE IT OUT before you start transfers. If you muck with guilds you are done. Plain and simple.
Because they have stated that, if your server is an origin server, you will be sent to one destination server. You will not be split up across multiple servers, so, in fact, your guildmates will not be spread out across more than 1 server. Besides, your guildmaster, or anyone else who knows that this is coming, would all have to put heads together anyways, in order to ensure that everyone is on board with the move and knows what's taking place, and where you're supposed to be going. Once you all arrive at the new server, reform the guild, contact CS to restore any extra guild bank tabs you've purchased, and put all the items back in the GB again. Problem solved. Don't try and make it look harder than it really will be.

KailuaSith
06.07.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1152
Can't wait. Very excited to start flashpoint crawling.
The Tyrannicus Legacy
Kraygg: 50 Sorcerer / Fee'Nix: 50 Sniper / Pryss: 50 Sentinel / Eviscerus: 50 Marauder / Kruciatus: 50 Juggernaut

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 06:01 PM | #1153
Quote: Originally Posted by Voren_Kurn View Post
My problem with this is we have a lot of players that are taking a break or will be back shortly after 1.3 launches. WIthout a MOTD saying "Hey We've transfered to "X Server, hit up This player for a /ginvite when you arrive" they might just think they were kicked from the guild for inactivity. :/
I had the same thoughts initially as well. But, then again that's what a good independent guild page is for. That's what I'll be using to alert my guildies.

JovethGonzalez
06.07.2012 , 06:02 PM | #1154 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by smithre View Post
Joveth, I think some people are concerned around the timeframe that a linked origin server and destination server will have to ensure that all members of a guild can transfer using the free process. Maybe if you could clarify that piece, it would help matters. For example, with a guild of 300, if say ServerA -> ServerB transfers were only open for 2 weeks, then it is possible that some members of the guild may miss out on the window due to schedules, etc. However, if the process between ServerA -> ServerB is available for months, then I think the concern is relatively unfounded.
Hey smithre, thank you for your post. I actually did address this in an earlier post:

"Additionally, players need not worry about rushing to transfer as free character transfers between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations naturally. Rest assured that if we ever decide to stop this free character transfer service, players will be given plenty of advanced notice."

Leggomy
06.07.2012 , 06:09 PM | #1155
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey smithre, thank you for your post. I actually did address this in an earlier post:

"Additionally, players need not worry about rushing to transfer as free character transfers between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations naturally. Rest assured that if we ever decide to stop this free character transfer service, players will be given plenty of advanced notice."
I know it prob got shuffled maybe you did see it but I had a question about legacy. If I have say lvl 15 legacy on my origin server and move 1 character to another server will both servers have lvl 15 legacy for all chars?

Rezarect
06.07.2012 , 06:13 PM | #1156
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Read everythign they said if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them. Read the above post it pretty much says it.

You can get F'd over by this move.

Here I'll show this to you in their own words. Ready Line Number 2 "disband" its very telling.
You're over analyzing it. It's Simple. There will be stragglers left behind BUT there will be more opportunities to collect more guildies now e.g. other stragglers that quit the game and came back etc.

Plus they will post in enough time ahead a warning when they will shut down this process. It's going to take some time though!

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 06:15 PM | #1157
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I know it prob got shuffled maybe you did see it but I had a question about legacy. If I have say lvl 15 legacy on my origin server and move 1 character to another server will both servers have lvl 15 legacy for all chars?
Yes, you will have legacy 15 on both servers.

SmallDarthToe
06.07.2012 , 06:27 PM | #1158
it blows my mind how many people cant read, or dont take the time to. all the whining about guild transfers....good lord people read. transfering from server A to server B. server B will be the only transfer destination for server A. so any of your guild members who havent logged on in 2 months, finaly decide to resub, guess what, the only option they have will be to transfer to b. But beside all of that, if they are not currently subing, and havent in a few months, are you really gonna miss them if they resub 3 months from now and the free tranfers happen to be closed? this is the stupidest whining ive heard in a long time (and i used to read wow forums). read the post people. good lord.

SuperGrunt
06.07.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1159
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
In a previous Community Q&A we talked about character transfers, and announced that they were coming in early summer. Character transfers are a complex process, but we're almost ready to go. Starting next week on June 12th, 2012, we’re allowing character transfers to occur between selected servers in order to provide a better gameplay experience for our players by ensuring population balance across the service.

Read More
If we already have a character on a server, perhaps even of a predetermined level, would it be possible for us to be able to transfer all of our character to that server? If not at first, then perhaps later on in a later round of transfers?

I ask because I have a lvl 50 BH Merc, and a lvl 50 SI Sorc that I would like to get moved to the same server. According to your predefined rules this won't be possible because they exist on servers with different rules.

I can understand that it would be a bad thing to be forced to transfer to a server with rules that you don't like, but if I already have a character on that server then I don't see that as a problem.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Rezarect
06.07.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1160
Quote: Originally Posted by Voren_Kurn View Post
My problem with this is we have a lot of players that are taking a break or will be back shortly after 1.3 launches. WIthout a MOTD saying "Hey We've transfered to "X Server, hit up This player for a /ginvite when you arrive" they might just think they were kicked from the guild for inactivity. :/
Do you have their cell numbers, emails, or a guild website? Just hit them up that way. My guild leader in WoW (whom I've never met in person) text'd me saying that they were all transferring. It was important for us to keep in contact, just in case someone did a no show no call for a mandatory raid night!

Whew, did our guild leaders get pissed cause we missed a chance to kill lich king sooner than later. lol Nah, it was pretty laid back, but I would ALWAYS text them if I were stuck in traffic or going to be late for raid that night! It was rather annoying when we would have to wait hours just for one person though =\

ANYWAYS.......ahem....