Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fps thread very improtant

Deslan
12.18.2011 , 12:07 PM | #11
SWTOR went extremely laggy and unresponsive when I got to Balmorra today. It got worse and worse and worse, until I died to something I didn't even see. Starting writing a bug ticket when I got a black screen.

Turns out... My power chord got disconnected and I was running the game on batteries only. Errm. Need to cancel that bug ticket.

mageo
12.18.2011 , 12:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ReturnToForever View Post
my game runs quite well until PVP, then I get massive drop. Doesn't help that people run around like crazy maniacs either : - /
I know how that feel i got the same exact feeling

mageo
12.18.2011 , 12:09 PM | #13
Bioware pls do something!!!

Baaddare
12.18.2011 , 12:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mageo View Post
Well I have been playing this game for a while and I have to say it is a wonderfull game: It would be by far teh best mmorg ever made, if there weren't any fps problems. I already did everything I could to lower the fps and it did sort of help a bit. The problem is that there is some kin of memory leak or bad coding. Example:
I am in Korriban. I go left and my fps drops to 5-9. When I go right my fps is 20+. Understand what I mean?
It's also like this when I am on a battlefield(warzone). Example Huttball:
When I go to the left side or to the right side my fps is 25+. But when I face to the middle or go to the middle, my fps drop to 6-7. Same in viodstar. The only warzone which I am halfway happy with is Alderaan.There my fps never drops below 15. Pls EA and BioWare repair this just do something becuase I wanto to buy this game and I am not willing to pay for lags.
well from your posting of your DXdiag it looks like you have a very poor card it is comparable to a 9400 if i am not mistaken. I have a few questiosn for you. Do you have AA foced through your cards control panel? If so this would casue a drop in FPS. When you are talkign about turning left and right are you turning into more shadows? Hutball and voidstar both have alot of shadowing have you tried just turning the shadowign off totaly ?
Now Minsc is in charge SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

Altumus
12.18.2011 , 12:12 PM | #15
Thanks for posting your specs, this is why I ask - There is nothing wrong with the game in your case, it's definitely your video card.

Hate to break it to you but you have a revamped 9400 video card - those are pretty bad - and that's whats slowing you down. The memory bandwidth and processing cores are lacking. For 125ish you could get a card that would let you up the performance by quite a bit.

With only 8 cores its not really a "gaming" graphics card, more suited for videos and "work". It will never perform above "low" on dx10 + games.

mageo
12.18.2011 , 12:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
well from your posting of your DXdiag it looks like you have a very poor card it is comparable to a 9400 if i am not mistaken. I have a few questiosn for you. Do you have AA foced through your cards control panel? If so this would casue a drop in FPS. When you are talkign about turning left and right are you turning into more shadows? Hutball and voidstar both have alot of shadowing have you tried just turning the shadowign off totaly ?
I have turned shadows in-game off. AA means Antialiasing right. The thing is I have a German computer... Well if you could tell me how to turn of AA it woul be nice.

Altumus
12.18.2011 , 12:14 PM | #17
Unless you went in and manually forced it on, its already off - you should turn everything to low though. That may help if you don't already have it down there. The turning thing is most likely the card having to reload textures.

LeSamourai
12.18.2011 , 12:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mageo View Post
I have turned shadows in-game off. AA means Antialiasing right. The thing is I have a German computer... Well if you could tell me how to turn of AA it woul be nice.
AA isn't an option ingame, so unless you forced it via your display drivers (either nVidia or ATI), then you don't have to worry about it.
meh, I just want to play SWTOR

mageo
12.18.2011 , 12:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Altumus View Post
Thanks for posting your specs, this is why I ask - There is nothing wrong with the game in your case, it's definitely your video card.

Hate to break it to you but you have a revamped 9400 video card - those are pretty bad - and that's whats slowing you down. The memory bandwidth and processing cores are lacking. For 125ish you could get a card that would let you up the performance by quite a bit.

With only 8 cores its not really a "gaming" graphics card, more suited for videos and "work". It will never perform above "low" on dx10 + games.
IS there anyway I can improve this without buying a new graphic card??? I would be very happy if somebody would answer.

Altumus
12.18.2011 , 12:14 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
AA isn't an option ingame, so unless you forced it via your display drivers (either nVidia or ATI), then you don't have to worry about it.

Lol we did that at the same time