Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Buche View Post
did they hold a gun to your head and make you re-roll? no, your choice you didnt have to
They held a metaphorical gun to our heads called a monthly payment, if we wanted our moneys worth we may of had to reroll.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Sanxxx
06.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1022
Come the12th, the only sure thing is that the forums will be a QQ bloodbath

Buche
06.07.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
They held a metaphorical gun to our heads called a monthly payment, if we wanted our moneys worth we may of had to reroll.
again you didnt have to, it was your choice
Buche
Leader of Altercation
www.altercation.enjin.com

samikf
06.07.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1024
did they hold a gun to your head and make you re-roll? no, your choice you didnt have to
No, I can't say that they did hold a gun to my head. They did, as a service provider, give me this advice though. Obviously as services go, there is the obvious thing to do, which I have follwoed. However, I quite like the game, so I am looking for solutions. When all is said and done, I do think mine are better than your "suck it up" as far as Bioware and their customers are concerned. You are of course free to disagree.

FastCloakBanshee
06.07.2012 , 02:31 PM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by QuickBunnie View Post
Thanks for the update.

I do have a question. Is the naming prioritization ONLY based on whether there is an existing legacy/character? Because I don't think it is fair to ask subscribing players to rename their characters for inactive accounts.

There should be at minimum prioritization for active players. If the inactive player decides to resubcribe, they can change their name instead.

Please let us know if this is being taken into consideration.
Thank you.
this.

WrecklessMEDIC
06.07.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Really? Why? You never questioned that did you? It seems people at TRION have no problem allowing for free server transfers to wherever people want to go, for whatever characters they want to move. Rift has the same type of server layout: a bunch of "worlds" which use to have their own population issues as well. Now that is changing.

If you let people go wherever they want, multiple transfers, but limited by time, they'll eventually reach an environment where they're content or even happy. Some want to be in a place where the server is packed. Some want activity, but not sitting around an open world waiting for others to finish their quest first. And yet others want just enough to do some PUGs. And of course some people are happy on isolated servers since they do only PvE solo content.

You can't possibly tell me that choice is harmful to people's gaming. You either won't have a straight face when you say it, or you're lying to me and/or yourself.
Players have a choice right now. And what are they doing? They're re-rolling alts on "The Fatman". What are they going to do if they could choose any server they wanted for a free transfer? They'll move all their abandoned characters to "The Fatman".

This would be disaster. It's pretty obvious why they have restrictions right now.

DimaDelete
06.07.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Why do you think it is mate.
well, we really have no choice here, having only one english RP-PvP server in EU, while transfers will be only from RP-PvP to RP-PvP means we 'd have no place to transfer, and none will transfer to us = same dead population
Shadow Dimalit Fisto - 50 level, server Lord Calypho
Commando Dimalik Fisto - 50 level, server Lord Calypho

Tenceriker
06.07.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1028
again you didnt have to, it was your choice
Not if you were stuck on a dead server like many of us were. There is no fun to be had in moving from planet to planet and then to fleet with no content to be completed because there were enough people. Rerolling was the only postive option unless you just like arguing semantics on the forums.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

cipher_nemo
06.07.2012 , 02:36 PM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
Players have a choice right now. And what are they doing? They're re-rolling alts on "The Fatman". What are they going to do if they could choose any server they wanted for a free transfer? They'll move all their abandoned characters to "The Fatman".

This would be disaster. It's pretty obvious why they have restrictions right now.
You're making the assumption (azz out of u and me) that everyone would got to Fatman. I sure as heck wouldn't. I'd like an active server, but not a full/packed server.

Also, you're assuming that they'd keep letting more and more people pile into a full server. If the server is "full" they wouldn't allow any more transfers to that server until it's no longer full. Problem solved.

AllisonBerryman
06.07.2012 , 02:37 PM | #1030 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
My question is, can all of my 8 characters that are on one server move or only one of them?
If your server becomes eligible for free character transfers, you'll be able to move all your characters from that server onto the destination server.