Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cost of transfers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheProthean
06.07.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1
are the first batch of transfers going to be free? didnt see it mentioned in the entire article

AllisonBerryman
06.07.2012 , 02:21 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
On Tuesday (the 12th), we'll be starting the free character transfer service - if your server becomes eligible for transfer, you'll be able to move all your characters to the selected destination server free of charge.

marinesusmc
06.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
I've seen that these transfer are going to be 1 - ? how many different servers are you allow to go just curious the amount of server we would have to choose from if our servers are eligible for transfer? And is you entire account going to be transferred due to the legacy system?

Thanks,

P.S. Keep up all the good work I am loving the game since the beginning and I can tell you guys are working hard to keep this game booming
"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter."

Just my 2 credits...

DiabloDoom
06.08.2012 , 12:16 PM | #4
You will only get to choose from 1 server. Several origin servers to 1 destination server. Origin server shall be opened gradually while still keeping the same destination server, and the origins will keep being opened until staff are satisfied that the destination server is adequately populated.

Roalmo
06.08.2012 , 12:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by marinesusmc View Post
I've seen that these transfer are going to be 1 - ? how many different servers are you allow to go just curious the amount of server we would have to choose from if our servers are eligible for transfer? And is you entire account going to be transferred due to the legacy system?

Thanks,

P.S. Keep up all the good work I am loving the game since the beginning and I can tell you guys are working hard to keep this game booming
You will be sent to only 1 server and it will be the same "type" as you are on, ie. pve goes only to pve.

VegaPhone
06.09.2012 , 09:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
On Tuesday (the 12th), we'll be starting the free character transfer service - if your server becomes eligible for transfer, you'll be able to move all your characters to the selected destination server free of charge.
This needs to be made more clear to everyone... i had to snoop around the dev tracker to find this info. and its 2 days away.

Something as important as character transfers should not be hush hush, or difficult info to find.

Viridor
06.09.2012 , 09:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
This needs to be made more clear to everyone... i had to snoop around the dev tracker to find this info. and its 2 days away.

Something as important as character transfers should not be hush hush, or difficult info to find.
Your kidding right? Its practically impossible to NOT stumble across information about the transfers - not to mention the billion posts, just like this one, of people asking the same old questions over and over.

They have made it VERY clear MANY times.

VegaPhone
06.09.2012 , 10:18 PM | #8
other than this thread, most threads i have seen about character tranfers were about the methods and not the dates of when it is going to happen.

Also I come to the forums a lot. so after seeing many threads talking about methods of character transfers i ignore it, like spam

Same with stickied info. I see it a lot with info that I am not interested in, so i overlook that as well.

Maybe its ADD, but if I missed it so easily and I come here frequently then having text limited to the general forums is not enough.

They did not even send out mail... and even then I could mistake the mail as something not important becuase swtor sends spam about my companion mising me.

I zone out spam or things I am over exposed to... i guess it is ADD, but i think a lot of people do that as well, which means not enough is done.

Jadrian
06.09.2012 , 10:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridor View Post
Your kidding right? Its practically impossible to NOT stumble across information about the transfers - not to mention the billion posts, just like this one, of people asking the same old questions over and over.

They have made it VERY clear MANY times.
I know right? Its like everyone just skips past the giant headline at the top of the community section that says "Character Transfer, Server Populations and You"...

I don't get it...

JonJW
06.09.2012 , 10:19 PM | #10
Is there a list stating what the origin and destination servers will be?