Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predict Chaos 1st week of Server Transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Predict Chaos 1st week of Server Transfers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gungan
06.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #11
And dogs go woof...

YanksfanJP
06.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by earthtoearl View Post
MY MAIN CONCERN:
My son and I each have a sub. We each have several characters that we play together at different times. We play together in a guild a lot. If we are unable to transfer our characters to the same server together then IMO this whole Server Transfer is one big FAIL.
Your main concern is a non-issue. They've already said that each current "origin" server will only have ONE "destination" server. The only way you won't end up together is if one of you does not transfer at all.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

psi_overtake
06.07.2012 , 12:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mariioow View Post
i wish my friends played swtor lol
Same =/ My RL friends quit. All that remains are my brother, my g/f, and a couple of the cool guildies I befriended on the server.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

kevlarto
06.07.2012 , 01:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvasha View Post
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city (In our case SERVER) is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!
LOL I think that is the chaos that follows mergers.. transfers don't get the Brimstone, but the do get a little fire..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Phrase
06.07.2012 , 01:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
Your main concern is a non-issue. They've already said that each current "origin" server will only have ONE "destination" server. The only way you won't end up together is if one of you does not transfer at all.
This. It's a server merge dressed in transfer clothing.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

Gimano
06.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #16
If chaos is what you're anticipating, then chaos is what you get.
It's all a matter of perception.
This is me when I'm mad

GiovanniD
06.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
I'm predicting 80 people on fleet of The Fatman during prime time after everyone goes back to their old characters. Chaos!
80 people? Sounds like peak hours on Saturday for my server at the moment.

AllisonBerryman
06.07.2012 , 02:17 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We do have more information about character transfers coming, and we'll post a detailed FAQ that will answer many specific questions. As for being concerned about not being able to transfer to the same server as your son during free transfers, you don't have anything to worry about. Each server that becomes eligible for transfers will have just one destination server, and you'll be able to move all your characters from your origin server to that destination server. We'll announce these servers at the start of the program and then will add more as the program continues (and you'll be able to see all the information on www.swtor.com/transfer starting on the 12th), and we'll make sure to let everyone know what servers are available and when.

Tmbn
06.07.2012 , 02:24 PM | #19
LOL. That was sporty of you Bioware to answer this one

Geglad
06.07.2012 , 02:26 PM | #20
I predict the end of the world 21 Dec 2012.
*popcorn crunch*
Uno avulso non deficit alter.