Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Owsley
06.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rhirne View Post
on the PTS forums, AllisonBerryman stated that if you filled out the form before Monday, your character should already be copied over to the PTS. They are still transferring characters in batches so if you fill out the form now, it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using
Manual process? That sucks. I wish they would use a better testing method. Other MMOs will clone an entire highly populated production server, apply the patches, and then test. IMO this gives the greatest chance of a successful rollout since you are emulating what will happen when the patch goes live. Staring with a server wipe and transferring characters is not real world. it is alpha testing at best.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

rhirne
06.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
Manual process? That sucks. I wish they would use a better testing method. Other MMOs will clone an entire highly populated production server, apply the patches, and then test. IMO this gives the greatest chance of a successful rollout since you are emulating what will happen when the patch goes live. Staring with a server wipe and transferring characters is not real world. it is alpha testing at best.
Actually, if you tested 1.2, your character(s) are still there. So they just applied the 1.3 patch to 1.2 and started transferring characters to the PTS. Appears there's still some bugs as some people got copied twice, or their name is JKHKJPJKGJH. A WiP but it does at least appear to be working. And they are still copying from live to PTS
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Drunkendurine
06.07.2012 , 03:30 AM | #13
can someone please post the link to this survey, i want to copy my twink

Ellvaan
06.07.2012 , 07:24 AM | #14
Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the following information from Senior Community Coordinator which you can find in the Developer Tracker:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman
Quote: Originally Posted by Diegles View Post
I havn't seen this "survey" you guys keep talking about, and I am wondering if I can fill it out still, now that 1.3 is on the PTS?
You can still sign up to be copied - you can find the information in this news article.

If you filled out the survey before Monday, your character should be copied. If your character isn't copied, please fill out the survey again and make sure that all the information is correct. We'll continue to copy characters over periodically, so you'll need to check back to see if your copy has completed.
We hope this helps!

Drunkendurine
06.07.2012 , 11:09 AM | #15
Thanks

AllisonBerryman
06.07.2012 , 01:29 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Update: We are extending the cut off time until 10AM CDT tomorrow, June 8th. This will be the last batch of character copies for a while, so be sure to sign up!

I have some more information for those of you interested in getting your character copied over to PTS. If you haven't, make sure to fill out the survey in the news article by midnight CDT tonight (6/7). We'll be doing another batch of copies on Friday, but you must have your survey filled out by the end of the day today. We'll continue to copy more characters periodically and will let you know as we do!

Tiberus
06.07.2012 , 01:42 PM | #17
I signed up the 1st day the article was posted and didnt get copied. I have since signed up again and still not copied?

Lurchy
06.07.2012 , 01:44 PM | #18
I don't know if mine were transfered or not. I requested on the day they offered but my PTS launcher cannot process the 1.3 patch so I cannot access it to check.
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

AllisonBerryman
06.07.2012 , 01:47 PM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiberus View Post
I signed up the 1st day the article was posted and didnt get copied. I have since signed up again and still not copied?
If you haven't been copied, you should try filling the survey out again before the end of the day today. If it is filled out correctly, you'll be copied as part of tomorrow's batch!

azhuresun
06.07.2012 , 02:02 PM | #20
Sigh, really hoping I get copied this time. I filled out the survey the first day it was available, then again when 1.3 went live on the PTS, then again today. There's stuff I'd really like to test as a level 50, not the level 30 I made on the PTS.