Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HelinCarnate
06.07.2012 , 11:24 AM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
I really like what you are implement and it does make sense. My only concern is that I do have a guild and it would be nice to transfer that guild, should we all decide to leave the Vrook Lamar server... Though it might not be that bad. For all I know, Lamar is a destination server!
Please use a different color. Your current choise is horrid for some of us color blind people.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

-Dench
06.07.2012 , 11:24 AM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by TzachNahRood View Post
^^This

Please reconsider when it comes to RP-PvP servers. Even if all of them were combined, there aren't enough servers of this type to make a healthy population. I was really looking forward to a nicely populated server.

Just get rid of the RP-PvP designation entirely if you have to. Or allow people to transfer between PvP and RP-PvP.

My server, Jung Ma, used to have a healthy population so it wasn't much of a concern. But now even this server is dwindling. Let us enjoy your game as intended on a server with a healthy population.
It really makes me wonder. What is going on at BW Austin? Do they not know this?
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

HelinCarnate
06.07.2012 , 11:26 AM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by Naritus-Coffee View Post
So let me get this right. Guild deplyment was pooly implemented at launch and we were handed severly unbalanced servers between factions. Alos as a reslult many in my guild have rolled on a pve server or stoped playing. So there is no chance to move our allready max level characters to join what few remaining friends I have left from other mmo's on a different server type. I dont buy it I need a good reason why you wont allow it.
If there is any chance this will be handled like Guild deployment at launch there is nothing you can say to reassure me the same nightmare unbalanced server placement wont happen again. I remember reading the idea was to help forge communities and reuinte friends but this news is quite contrary to that.
And there is little chance to move your already max level character to join what few remaining friends you have on the same server type as well. The "Good reason" is that BW has no ability to use forsight.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

caravaggio
06.07.2012 , 11:26 AM | #904
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
It would at least double it's size and make it comparable with everything, except Fatman.
Comparable to what the other servers are like now, but probably not comparable to what the other servers will look like after the mergers.

Doubling its size won't make it a "heavy" server by the current standard.

Stenrik
06.07.2012 , 11:26 AM | #905
Dear repeat askers,

YES you can transfer your guild. GM's will help you re-create your guild bank so you don't have to re-buy tabs, and you an effectively reform your guild on the new server. No, your members will not be broken up because there is only ONE destination server.

Sincerely,
People who already read this information

psi_overtake
06.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
And there is little chance to move your already max level character to join what few remaining friends you have on the same server type as well.
There's always:

PAID TRANSFERS!!!

PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Tenceriker
06.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
As nice as transfering to any server you want sounds it would cause a lot of problems. So many people have allready rolled new characters on Fatman that there are already queue times pretty regularly. If everyone is able to choose where they go a large majority will go to one of the current top 3 because the populations there are already high. Then, we'll see even longer queue times. A planned and strategic funneling is necessary to create healthy populations all around on several servers. After that is done, they can open up less restrictive transfers because there won't be as many people eager to go to one of the 'big 3' because their current server will be healthier.
So instead pissing off people who still wont be able to play with friends/mains/etc. is the better way of going about this? Not like people said allow everyone to do it, just those of us who have characters of a significant level on a server already. Put a minimum level of somewhere between 25 - 40 and that would clear up any percieved mass transfer issues. By not allowing this they have only further messed up game because now many of us are just waiting for the "real" transfer process to start at some yet to be determined time in the future.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Kllashaa
06.07.2012 , 11:30 AM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi Rogoo,

As mentioned in the blog post, we will be maintaining server types. So it will be RP-PvP to RP-PvP.
This is really poorly thought out.

World PVP is almost non-existent on TOR, so I don't think people with 50s on a PVP server care if someone who levelled to 50 on a carebear PVE server transfers over.

What you guys should do is choose a core PVE, PVP, RP, and RP-PVP server for people to transfer to on both the west and east coast, and gravitate towards having eight be the first set of superservers.

Why are you willfully reducing peoples' choices? You know it's only going to disappoint and piss people off, and you have a pretty wounded playerbase right now.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 11:31 AM | #909
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
It really makes me wonder. What is going on at BW Austin? Do they not know this?
It is a subtle way to muscle those people into paying for transfers in the future. (If not then by all means prove me wrong by allowing the RP-PVP and RP-PVE to move to normal PVP and normal PVE servers respectively)
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

JeramieCrowe
06.07.2012 , 11:31 AM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by -Dench View Post
Of course they do. That's why this is only THE FIRST PHREAKING PHASE!!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight