Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MdLogan
06.06.2012 , 06:51 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaraza View Post
So Togruta was asked for more? - where can i get this information?
And why wasn't Togruta the new race then?
I don't mean to complain, but Cathar don't sound great - haven't come across any Cathar fans (Togruta is my most awaited race personally).
I'm happy with the update, just a bit suprised about this one thing.

Although, I'm more concerned about what people who want to change appearance/race have to do - since we may have high levels we don't want to redo.
Well I am a Cather fan so there you have met one! lol

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 07:49 PM | #492
So Togruta was asked for more? - where can i get this information?
And why wasn't Togruta the new race then?
I don't mean to complain, but Cathar don't sound great - haven't come across any Cathar fans (Togruta is my most awaited race personally).
I'm happy with the update, just a bit suprised about this one thing.

Although, I'm more concerned about what people who want to change appearance/race have to do - since we may have high levels we don't want to redo.
Cathar was the only one announced. That doesn't mean that's the only one coming.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Flaraza
06.07.2012 , 01:36 AM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by FailTrain View Post
I love all these WoW fans with an agenda cryin about how Bioware isnt doing enough (If you dont know **** about programming stop *****in bout how fast they should be releasing stuff, Warcraft wasnt perfected in 6 months either. that **** takes dozens of people a grip of man hours... and money). They've been adding new **** every couple weeks, and we get a new level cap and race only 6 months after the game came out (which we dont have to pay for by the way) GO BIOWARE GO!!
its an expansion though? so we will have to pay?

Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Cathar was the only one announced. That doesn't mean that's the only one coming.
Yeah I found that out, thanks though.

But where does it say which races were asked for most?

JeramieCrowe
06.07.2012 , 01:38 AM | #494
But where does it say which races were asked for most?
Most of the polls were pre-launch, which means they have been wiped. Other ones are on here, on this site. Should be able to do a search.

I have to go to bed, though, before wife lynches me.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Mudge
06.07.2012 , 03:16 AM | #495
Sadly for me I was hoping Cathar would be 1.3 content as it appeared in the videos.. but sadly not.

Having just had a look at the test server ... no Cathar for me..
Ahh well back to the endless credit grind or the extra endless 50 grind on a server with no population.

So does anyone know WHEN the Cathar are added or is it a "comming soon" thing.. ie sometime this century ... like chat bubbles.
Emotion, yet peace. __ Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity. __ Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

LordoftheNight
06.07.2012 , 03:33 AM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
So does anyone know WHEN the Cathar are added or is it a "comming soon" thing.. ie sometime this century ... like chat bubbles.
From what i've read all of the E3 previews will be out later this year.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson

Dunno if this article has already been posted but its rather informative. HK-51 sounds like a ***** to get, but he'll be worth it. Terror From Beyond will likely be the best operation and I REALLY do hope they open it up to the community for suggestions on which alien races to add as playable.

LotN
The Valcoran Legacy (Red Eclipse Server): Xarl - Powertech, Ruhksana - Sorcerer, Uzas - Smuggler, Emmesh-Aiye - Marauder, Asaid - Agent.

Valkirus
06.07.2012 , 06:53 AM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
Fine. One point eight million as opposed to rounding up to two million. Are you done with the nitpicking?
Are you done with giving out false info?
Trust is something which is earned.

Valkirus
06.07.2012 , 06:59 AM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenSith View Post
Not to derail your "get the facts correct," but you're making more of an assumption of why the subs were lost than the person you quoted. In addition these sites believe Blizzard's subscription loss is directly attributed to TOR going off what World of Warcraft producer John Lagrave stated. Blizzard even claims the subscriptions dropped because people finished the content quicker than any other expansion (take that with a grain of salt, of course).

While I never played World of Warcraft, it seems that the game has hit its climax in 2010 (12 million subscriptions) and has been eroding ever since. Stating the game is "steady at 10.2 million" seems a bit odd to me, considering in May 2011 they had 11.4 million and in September 2011 they were at 10.2 million. Since Blizzard hasn't released any numbers yet, but have admitted TOR had an impact, it seems a bit of a stretch to state their 10.2 million -while still an impressive amount- is "steady."

I'm sure if Warcraft's "Scroll of Resurrection" incentive is successful, we'll hear about it, just like if Mists of Pandaria is successful. Otherwise, I would think you'd have to wait for Blizzard's next quarterly report to see whether their subscriptions are "steady" or not.

YMMV.
Yes, TOR did have some impact on WoW losing some subs. Esp as fans got prepared for it's release in the middle of 2011. They started however to lose a lot of subs shortly after the release of Cata and Blizz even admitted they made some design changes mistakes and thus in MOP they are going back to WOTLK style dungeons. Which are basically shorter and easier to do for casuals. They did release thier quarterly reports for the same quarter BioWare did for TOR. It has remained the same at 10.2 million for the last 2 sub reporting cycles. Look it up on MMO Champ's WoW posts.

danpen
06.07.2012 , 07:13 AM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
Yes, TOR did have some impact on WoW losing some subs. Esp as fans got prepared for it's release in the middle of 2011. They started however to lose a lot of subs shortly after the release of Cata and Blizz even admitted they made some design changes mistakes and thus in MOP they are going back to WOTLK style dungeons. Which are basically shorter and easier to do for casuals. They did release thier quarterly reports for the same quarter BioWare did for TOR. It has remained the same at 10.2 million for the last 2 sub reporting cycles. Look it up on MMO Champ's WoW posts.
WoW is not a good game i do not think this game is better then that game.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Valkirus
06.07.2012 , 07:16 AM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
WoW is not a good game i do not think this game is better then that game.
Lol. Well...games is like art and music. We each have our preferences. But millions would disagree with your opinion.