Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TobiV
06.07.2012 , 01:18 AM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by higginsjf View Post
I like the plan . But wish they had a way that you could look up to see what sever your friends are on then you could plan your move with that in mind.
Well if they're your friends i guess you can talk with them beforehand?:P I don't see a problem in this, if he's important you'll have a whole few days to decide on which server to go, this applies to guilds to ( true members will question about the future of their guild, the rest can go wherever they want :P)

Adderdin
06.07.2012 , 01:26 AM | #722
1) Will the transfer be done through the web page or through the game? - Currently the game is dead, even with active subscription I deleted it and do not wish to reinstall unless your patch notes or game related information convince me otherwise. I will not be redownloading the game just to press copy on the selected characters.

2) Is it require to have an active subscription or will you let everyone to transfer their characters? As it turned out, my active sub ends within next 2 or 3 weeks. You have not yet convinced me that the game is going to get any better and I will not be resubscribing atm. I might think about it if I see positive comments about the content within few weeks after its release, however IF I decide to resubscribe I would like to have my characters ready to play on a server that is not dead.
demotivators.despair.com/customerdisservicedemotivator.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordy
Well great, then they dont have to fix this because you are leaving anyways....

Metalmac
06.07.2012 , 01:53 AM | #723
This will help in a small way but ignores the main problem the game is dying from lack of variety.

A. Do PVP with same opponets but they may have a different class. BORING no new challenges.
B. Do Daily Quests as it is so freaking boring. (Godd reason I quit WoW)
C. Bugs Bugs Bugs that crash the sound or game or Ops or FPs.

Bio Ware should consider fun as the main reason to play.
A. Fix cross server Flash Points and PVP War Zones. This is fun while playing same people forever is not fun.
B. Install random Dailies with Random rewards. At least attempt to do something about the boring Dailies.
C. Fix the bugs that drive us crazy the most.

Ansalem
06.07.2012 , 01:58 AM | #724
Please Bioware allow us to xfer from pvp to pve servers and vice versa. I am one of many people who re rolled on another server and it just happens to be pve while my main character is stuck on a dead pvp server. I'm curious as to how long I am going to have to wait before I get the chance to transfer the character I want onto the server i want. Would be nice to get an ETA so I can know if I should bother reactivating my account or not.

opus_two
06.07.2012 , 02:03 AM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Starting June 12th! LOL to all the haters who said it wouldn't be here until after June 20th, and probably not until August.
It isn't the 12th of June yet.

"Haters"? It has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with group play or should I say the lack of

EricJS
06.07.2012 , 02:06 AM | #726
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlenoodle View Post
It'd be a lovely gesture to make the Day 1 Early Access servers the destination servers.
I suspect that we'll have fewer destination servers than we had day 1 early access servers. Not to mention that if one of those early access servers had a very limited population, people could conceivably be offered a transfer to a server with a lower population than the one they're currently on, which would be a major mistake.

opus_two
06.07.2012 , 02:12 AM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaabyy View Post
Honestly, what on earth can BW to to prevent this?

If you have to move to a new server than you run the risk of the name of your guild being taken.

They cant magically click a button and move your whole guild. Its up to the individual player. It wouldnt be fair if they just swooped in and stole you away to a new server because the Guild leader said they could.
No actually they do could click a button and transfer the guild as they would an individual. Not doing it is going to be Biowares demise considering that my family has a couple of accounts and playing in the same guild

Shreddi
06.07.2012 , 02:16 AM | #728
How about crediting our account time for the last month or two we couldnt play as intended. Logging on to server finding one or two others around is lame. Not to mention the economy/market is empty so can't level your gear up if you had to keep up with class missions. Why the transfer code wasn't stubbed into game build is beyond belief. That should have been automatic, The V.P. in charge of design has no prior experience? Really you should credit players for all this lost time. Write it off as learning what mmo's now a days go through. Next tme consult.

Skorz
06.07.2012 , 02:21 AM | #729
Any word on increasing the character slots per server? I want to transfer my last character to a server where I started my other characters and there's 8 of them. I don't want to delete any of them

Xarox
06.07.2012 , 02:43 AM | #730
*phew* *wipes forhead in relief*

I have 2,5 months left of my 6 month sub and I've been strongly considering to cancel it. My server is dead and has been dead for the longest time. Because of the lack of players, I haven't been playing for a while until last night. (Nar Shaddaa had 8 players max during the 2,5 hours that I played).

I read this today and it makes me very happy, because what I enjoy just a equally to the story is the group quests, heroics etc, etc. If this happends when it says it will happen, I will keep my sub active. It's the population on my server that keeps the game alive for me.

Thanks Bioware... Now see to that you really go through with this on the 12th... No delays!