Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pdarkk
06.06.2012 , 03:01 PM | #361
Thanks for all the hard work bioware. I hope soon enough you just merge the remaining dead servers everyone leaves so we have fewer more heavily populated servers. We dont need 125 dead North American servers make it 50 =D

Tholena
06.06.2012 , 03:01 PM | #362
I just hope details will come up soon. I have chars on two servers are really want to merge them together!
Tholena

cipher_nemo
06.06.2012 , 03:02 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadie View Post
Call it server "mergers", or server "consolidations", but don't call it transfers unless you actually have the ability to pick and choose which server a particular toon can move from and to.

And let me guess, un-subbed players must re-sub in order to take part in this "free" "transfer", right?

Like the rest of this game, this "transfer" is on rails...

If I wanted to be continually bombarded with the illusion of choice, I'd spend my free time in politics.
QFT. They should have named it "Free, Optional Server Merges". The only choice is to move or not. That's it. And the move choice is riddled with issues and unanswered concerns. And even the community reps might not know how to answer those concerns floating out there, because they haven't bothered yet. Everything has been vague except the limitations.

Quote: Originally Posted by BlueSkittles View Post
Here is some info that I am now scared to post:

Before server transfers:
200 dead servers.
2 semi-full servers.

After server transfers:
180 completely dead servers.
20 mostly dead servers.
2 semi-full servers.

Just let us transfer to whatever *********** server we want to, for free, and yes there will be much QQ-ing about queue times to actually get into those severs, but that kind of QQ-ing is GOOD QQ-ing. Then I will stop my whining about cross-server functionality (sorry I lied earlier about never talking about cross-server again but that post got deleted so whatever).
I foresee the same outcome.

DiLune
06.06.2012 , 03:02 PM | #364
Will we be able to choose to transfer our entire Legacy tree (all of our characters with one "click") from one server to the new one or will we have to individually transfer each character?

danskyboy
06.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #365
So what the hell am i supposed to do if i have characters on several servers??? i wont be able to bring them all together on one???

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueSkittles View Post
Before server transfers:
200 dead servers.
2 semi-full servers.

After server transfers:
180 completely dead servers.
20 mostly dead servers.
2 semi-full servers.
How is moving toons from 10 servers to 1 new server going to make that 1 new server "mostly dead?" Which, by the way, are numbers without evidence to support them.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Tuscad
06.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara View Post
Does this mean if we're stuck on an RP server and want off we're pretty much screwed unless we pay you X dollers PER character to leave?
Expect the worst.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Kindara
06.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by danskyboy View Post
So what the hell am i supposed to do if i have characters on several servers??? i wont be able to bring them all together on one???
You get to pay for that sort of move.

Qronus
06.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We haven't finalized the initial list of origin and destination servers. We know everyone is eager to see them, and we will provide them when we're able - we don't want to provide a list and then have to change it.
I for one don't want a list posted in advance, because then I feel players will need to create level 1 characters on the destination server in order to save names. That would not be good.

HOWEVER, I sincerely hope that destination servers are the same REGION as origin servers. I don't know why, but A LOT of players on Mandalore the Indomitable (West coast PVP) re-rolled on The Fatman (East Coast PVP). I for one have NO DESIRE to move my character(s) to a server other than in my region (West Coast for me).

TUXs
06.06.2012 , 03:04 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluesnacks View Post
I would like this elaborated please.

In what sense do responses to transfers from the community have anything to do with target transfer servers? All I could think of is that you are considering opening entirely new servers and then transferring the entire populations of existing servers to that new server. Don't divulge sensitive information, but seriously, that is like the only reason. That would eliminate half of the QQ on this thread and explain that you had a (ridiculously cruel) plan and didn't care if we knew it or not, because you're not telling us anything.
They can't tell you all the servers that will be transfer TO servers yet because they're going to be TRYING to equalize populations. If they move 6 servers to one, but only half the characters move, they may need to add a 7th or 8th to that list. I understand the variables they're trying to work with, but I think the top 3 servers (PvE and PvP) are pretty much set. THAT list I'd like to calm some nerves.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])