Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luceon
06.06.2012 , 02:49 PM | #331
So that does propose some questions. How about a set time frame to allow transfers? One that can be announced ahead of time, providing us players with the opportunity to plan out the transfer per guild or even singular players.

Another interest of mine is faction balance. Is population as a whole being considered with the specific server transfer? Or will faction ratios be included. Hooking up two servers, even if the origin server is dieing, that are prominently empire will only create an ever wider gap between empire and republic on the destination server. In my first guild the server we started on was dieing and was faction imbalanced in favor of empire (we were republic) so we decided to change servers, one of our biggest concerns was finding a server that offered the best faction balance. Easily that same concern applies with character transfers.
Maybe I don't want a signature....

Lionflash
06.06.2012 , 02:49 PM | #332
This may have already been asked but I know if you are on a PVE server you can only move to another PVE server, the same goes for PVP servers.

...But what about RP-PV_ ?

...And what about (if you are on the US for example) East and West?

I only ask because I am on Ven Zallow, a RP-PVP East server. There is only 1 other RP-PVP East server... Jung Ma. Can I assume that is my destination?

Jung Ma is on the top 20 and Ven Zallow isn't anywhere near that.

Tuscad
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
I can't help but feel like it was an extremely myopic decision to remove players' choice from the matter; it negates their ability to pair up with friends who might be on a different server from the one chosen by the team, as well as ruins whatever plans they may have had to, say, join a different guild on another server.

I can understand being afraid of a run on the big-name servers, but this whole process seems incredibly forced and constrictive.
I don't like the fact that the decision is soley in their hands, I don't trust them at this point because so much that can go wrong with this game has gone wrong. I am concerned about being worse off then I was before regardless of whether I stay or move because I have to rely on other people.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Icebergy
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #334
What happens if my origin server has a higher legacy level, but my destination server has more stuff unlocked? Obviously the unlocks mean more to me than the levels...especially the ones I had to pay a ton of credits for...
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

-Dench
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #335
I have a question:

I am on a RP-PVP server. there are only two RP-PVP servers on the East Coast. Does this mean that Ven Zallow will just fill into Jung Ma?

In other words, are people on RP-PVP only going to be able to fill the other RP-PVP server?
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

bawker
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #336
The metrics have been there to study for a while . . .since we have no choice of where we're going to go, BioWare obviously has at least some idea of what pairs are where.

Incredibly gimped "solution" for something that the forums have been on fire for months for . . .

Glower
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #337
So, source servers are doomed... ROLL!

misskaly
06.06.2012 , 02:50 PM | #338
A lot of people finally caved in and rerolled on populated servers after months of dwindling server population. For example, I rerolled onto The Fatman with the expectation that someday I'd be able to move my other characters there.

So why not, for those people who move from an origin server, give them the option to also move from other servers they currently play on?

Example:
I rolled two characters on Server A and leveled them up to 50. Over time, and due to luck of the draw, Server A has become a very low-population server.

I rerolled on Server B, because I enjoy playing in flashpoints and grouping up for heroics, etc.

Now Sever A is eligible to transfer to Server C. If I choose to avail myself of that option, can there be a checkbox or a tick mark to allow me to ALSO transfer my characters from Server B to Server C?

If not, I really hope the costs for bringing my characters together on a single server is not going to be high, or that they will be a far way off into the future. I just want to play and have fun, and since the technology is now in place to allow this, it's increasingly frustrating that I'm potentially going to have to pay lots of money or wait for months longer before I can have my characters together again.

metalgearyoda
06.06.2012 , 02:52 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Right now, we're just talking about the free character transfers - like it mentions in the blog, more options may become available in the future, but that's all we've mentioned as of now.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

If it means I can consolidate my characters I will pay 25 dollars per.

I mean, I already have a legacy on my new server.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Darth_Victus
06.06.2012 , 02:52 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Ahh, good on ya! Now all the QQers can move on to something else!
You wish.