Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Was not able to launch the game"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Was not able to launch the game"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lurchy
06.06.2012 , 01:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pipboy View Post
Same, actually my "Repair" finds an error and tries to fix it, but goes non-responsive a minute or so after trying to install fix. Repeatable.
yep i am having same prob on PTS :/.. Must be a bunch of guys come back to game to do testing because CS is back to their old glacial pace :/
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

Pipboy
06.06.2012 , 01:57 PM | #12
So it is a false virus hit on a file. I use Bit Defender. I rebooted my PC, turned off Anti-virus, AND Active Virus Scanning, and tried, repair again. Repair went fine, and was just able to launch.

orangefishboy
06.06.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
I looked at my antivirus, and it says it deleted a file, but I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Cerimon
06.06.2012 , 02:27 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

I can confirm you may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus. Specifically the swtor.exe from your publictest folder. Please contact your anti-virus or firewall provider if you require assistance with this.

Thank you for testing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Malstrades
06.06.2012 , 02:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

I can confirm you may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus. Specifically the swtor.exe from your publictest folder. Please contact your anti-virus or firewall provider if you require assistance with this.

Thank you for testing Star Wars: The Old Republic
sorry i'm not contacting ****, if you want YOUR game that YOU made to be accepted by OS and antivirus progs then YOU call em for an exception, NOT OUR *********** job, YOU get paid for.
With F2P we saw EAware's ultra greed kick in in full public view! evil has shown itself, the end times are near!

orangefishboy
06.06.2012 , 02:45 PM | #16
Ok, I was able to go into my firewall settings and create exceptions for launcher.exe in the main folder, and then swtor.exe by going into the swtor folder and the folders inside of that. After that I created an exception for the entire swtor folder in my antivirus settings, and I was able to get in. I got to the server select screen, but there are no servers.

Cerimon
06.06.2012 , 02:54 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings orangefishboy,

In addition to removing and re-adding exceptions for the previously specified files in your AV and firewall software please try the following to resolve the blank server selection screen:
  • Disable any third party port-manager software like peerblocker that may be running.
  • For those on college campuses or other networks which may have port ranges blocked on a network level, contact your IT department for advice.
The TCP ports you need to have open are:
12000 - 12999
2052 - 2053
8995 and 20000-30000

Please post again if these steps do not populate the server selection screen.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

orangefishboy
06.06.2012 , 03:08 PM | #18
I opened the ports, but the server list still does not show any servers.

Beruthien
06.06.2012 , 03:15 PM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings orangefishboy,

Can you confirm that you are still able to access your characters on normal servers?

Also could you please post your most recent Launcher log? (When posting the log please paste it within the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags.)

Thank you in advance!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

orangefishboy
06.06.2012 , 03:26 PM | #20
I was able to log into my normal characters, but the launcher logs were too long to post here.