Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AntTHFD
06.06.2012 , 02:14 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by theoffspringlp View Post
This is almost the exact opposite of how I was hoping they would do this. It feels kinda crappy to have been here since early access and have to potential to lose my character names because I guessed wrong on which servers would still have reasonable populations at this point. I would rather see them close down a large number of servers, open a few new servers, and allow people to select from the new servers (or transfer to an existing server) based on when they started playing. While not everyone would get to keep all their names, I could handle losing my name to someone who pre-ordered day 1. Losing it to someone who bought the game last week just adds insult to injury of playing on a dead server all these months.
You're not the only one who feels that way.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

SvnStrSlm
06.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #262
Is it really that hard to post a guild MOTD saying transfer to server x or you are on you own. The only burden is peoples lazyness.

Boredmuse
06.06.2012 , 02:15 PM | #263
This is almost the exact opposite of how I was hoping they would do this. It feels kinda crappy to have been here since early access and have to potential to lose my character names because I guessed wrong on which servers would still have reasonable populations at this point. I would rather see them close down a large number of servers, open a few new servers, and allow people to select from the new servers (or transfer to an existing server) based on when they started playing. While not everyone would get to keep all their names, I could handle losing my name to someone who pre-ordered day 1. Losing it to someone who bought the game last week just adds insult to injury of playing on a dead server all these months.

This, 100 times this. If i lose my names or legacy, I am done. I have given them more than enough chances. Some might call it petty, and do the cliche "bye then" statement, but I have a feeling I am not alone in this. With all the time they have had to work on this, this is the best they could do?

SpoeMeister
06.06.2012 , 02:16 PM | #264
QQ'ers are gonna QQ...

Great step in the right direction Bioware!
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 02:16 PM | #265
That would have been a pretty good solution. I'm pretty annoyed about that as well, as an early access player who woke up at something like 4 in the morning in order to be there the second the server went online. heh. At this point, I honestly don't have any idea if my server (Sanctum of the Exalted) would be considered an origin server or a destination server or neither. At least however it happens, I have the option not to transfer. My long-term concern is how they'll handle names when mergers almost inevitably happen.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=473286
Hapan Delegation

tloops
06.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
Is it really that hard to post a guild MOTD saying transfer to server x or you are on you own. The only burden is peoples lazyness.
i agree..if your worried about your guild then inform everyone where you are going...and if they arent currently subbed then you dont really need them anyways.
TOR...the best single player game on the market

Boredmuse
06.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
QQ'ers are gonna QQ...

Great step in the right direction Bioware!

Very constructive. I truly hope the fanboys who no matter what think bioware does no wrong, are the ones to lose their character names and legacy names. See how they sound then.

Bluesnacks
06.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #268
I'm sorry but not being able to tell us which servers we can transfer to in advance is complete and utter B.S.

Now we're going to have to scramble to get our guild together to get off this desolate rock.
Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

AntTHFD
06.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
Oh? Say some of your folks are on vacation and can't login? Say some guildies are waiting on payday to resub and they miss the window? It's not the "work" of reforming the guild, redoing the rank structure, REQUESTING my tabs be restored and then restocking them that concerns me. It's that some people can fall through the cracks during this process, along with the concerns others share about Guild, Character and Legacy names.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

tloops
06.06.2012 , 02:20 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Boredmuse View Post
This, 100 times this. If i lose my names or legacy, I am done. I have given them more than enough chances. Some might call it petty, and do the cliche "bye then" statement, but I have a feeling I am not alone in this. With all the time they have had to work on this, this is the best they could do?
lol...i think you would be happy that you are able to move to a high pop server...if you had played any other MMO it is done the same way when transfers/mergers happen. why is this a surprise to everyone?
TOR...the best single player game on the market