Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AntTHFD
06.06.2012 , 01:42 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Grammarye View Post
Why not do guild transfers as a block move that essentially initiates an optional transfer for all members, and that moves the entity of the guild itself?

Those that opt out remain on the server and become guild-less, those that opt in get to move to where the guild is, even if the window of opportunity has gone. Seems fair to me.

Example: You log in and are greeted with 'Your guild has elected to move from Bananarama to Funky Chicken, do you wish to join them?' Click Yes or No, maybe have an Are You Really Sure, and job done. Transfer happens or not.

Keeping guilds together as cohesive units would seem pretty critical.
^^ Similar to the pre-launch guild actions.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

Menthro
06.06.2012 , 01:42 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by AntTHFD View Post
On behalf of Redrum and other guilds of the pre-launch server Dreshdae Cantina, please make us a Destination, as should other pre-launch servers be similarly designated. The active players and guilds on these low population pre-launch servers are some of your longest playing paying subscribers and to have to abandon the ties we have established here could be viewed as a slap in the face.

For your consideration.
I second this motion for Girdda the Hutt!
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!

BadOrb
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #213
I'm not going to move from my 2 servers , but I thought of a situation for guilds.

I don't know how guilds work in this game but how are you going to organize re-guilding as it were. What if many of your guildies had to change character names etc. I guess you all know your guildies email addresses for such situations , hopefully you do. Also the part about the destination server might change is worrying , you can't split up these guilds. I'm sure someone can clarify this.

Really great that you are bringing this before early summer , ahead of time , well done.

cheers,

Badorb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

AllisonBerryman
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #214 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Karabal View Post
That's fantastic news. My only concern is that I will be moving from one dead server to another.
This is exactly the situation we're working to avoid by limiting transfers. To quote the blog:

Quote:
Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher.
Our overall goal is that destination servers will have a higher active population than origin servers that are able to transfer to them.

Lord_Karsk
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Nasakan View Post
This is great and all but I just don't understand why we can't go from PvE to PvP?? Granted it was my fault for making a toon on a PvE server (which I only did for my guild, that is now dead) but god dammit the PvP blows, leme go to a better server PLEASEEE!!
Relax, you will be able to go anywere you want too.As long as it is a server they want you to move to for free.
Thats how i read it.Why should you not be able to go from PvE to PvP
BioWare is not going to say, nope sry, you made the char on a PvE server so thats were you have to be.
So relax dude.

Wrecche
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
I second this motion for Girda the Hutt!
I'm with you ...Giradda the Hutt is an obvious destination. The weather is lovely.
I am Darth Wretch, Lord of the Sith. I revel in Rage and Passion, dominate through Force and Fear, and love my pet TaunTaun. His name is Peanut.

pieteral
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #217
Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Tuscad
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Scorpienne:

Dead wood?

I'm a GM of what was once an uber active, huge guild. That dead wood is as such because the server situation is terrible. When they look to come back, I'll want them on my guild's new server.

It sounds to me like this simply won't be possible. You either put in your transfer for X server during Y period of time, or you're screwed.
They need to learn that they can't just start and end stuff like this abruptley, this is critical for the games future. This is no rakghoul event where when it is ended people are missing out on a rare crystal, oh no, this is something that will affect subscriptions on a large scale.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

cipher_nemo
06.06.2012 , 01:44 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthro View Post
On behalf of Redrum and other guilds of the pre-launch server Dreshdae Cantina, please make us a Destination, as should other pre-launch servers be similarly designated. The active players and guilds on these low population pre-launch servers are some of your longest playing paying subscribers and to have to abandon the ties we have established here could be viewed as a slap in the face.

For your consideration.
I second this motion for Girda the Hutt!
Third. Good idea.

(my pre-launch server is Mind Trick)

Elgann
06.06.2012 , 01:45 PM | #220

For your consideration.
With Dreshdae Cantina as my original server with 2 50s and the level 31 Legacy I rerolled off of, I support this.