Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SanguineSphinx's Avatar


SanguineSphinx
06.06.2012 , 12:14 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by thewatcheruatu View Post
That was my thought, as well. The benefit for a single character just isn't worth it, especially if you've got at least one character who's capable of churning out companion gifts cheaply.
And since 50% of characters likely have Underworld Trading, the majority of people with Legacy Level 20 - required for the highest advancement on the affection "perks" - can get gifts no problem.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

SithEmpress's Avatar


SithEmpress
06.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #32
I was sadden by the fact you get a 3% augment benefit for what I think was 250K. Seem pointless. As for the companion gift, they too seem pointless as you could use the price to buy enough gifts to level your companions.

Iím also not a fan of the legacy level with the xp bonus as it wonít do me any good till after Iíve level another char or two, unless I choose to grind legacy on my 50 which sort of kills the point of the system.

I do like the legacy vehicle early unlock, well rank one, and will probably buy that.

thewatcheruatu's Avatar


thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #33
So is this everything? Are there any new legacy-wide perks, or they're all per character in this patch?
Hapan Delegation

Iwipe's Avatar


Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 12:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by thewatcheruatu View Post
So is this everything? Are there any new legacy-wide perks, or they're all per character in this patch?
All character specific it seems.

SithEmpress's Avatar


SithEmpress
06.06.2012 , 12:17 PM | #35
I think it just character perks, I didn't see anything, but could be wrong.

thewatcheruatu's Avatar


thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 12:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by FizzGigg View Post
I really don't understand the need to make legacy "perks" character based instead of account based. The arguement stated by bioware (and i forget where I seen this) was its cheaper to buy per character than account wide due to obvious reasons of being on multiple characters. Here is my problem with this..

1.) If I want to buy a legacy "perk" that boosts exp, companion affection gains, travel, and crafting, 99% of the time I will want that for every single character on my account. Yes, even on my current level 50's.
Well, I disagree a bit with this. I've got a couple of characters that I'm really enjoying leveling the traditional way, and some others where I'm really just leveling them up through warzones. I can see the advantage to having this as a character perk.

With that said, I don't plan to actually purchase any of these in the immediate future for the simple reason that I don't think there's any way to disable the increased XP gain. What if, for example, I get to a point in the game where I actually want to slow down a little and smell the roses? I don't want to be in the position where I have to stop doing the warzones I love just because I don't want to outlevel the content I'm doing.

But that's just me. I think these will be very attractive perks for a lot of people.
Hapan Delegation

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
06.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #37
The legacy requirement for the crafting perk(s) is WAY out of line.

Particularly because crafting doesn't reward any legacy XP. They either need to reduce the legacy requirements to those perks or (ideally) add legacy XP from crafting. "Dedicated" crafters are going to have a hard time getting crafting perks. Makes no sense.

'Course, one could argue they'd have to retroactively add the xp somehow. (good luck with that)

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
06.06.2012 , 12:46 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.
Exactly! I HATE zoning into the late game planets - do you happen to know what's the cooldown on these travels?

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
06.06.2012 , 12:54 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
Very true, currently that one is a self-defeating perk.
Sadly I have to agree, the only way I might consider getting it would be if it was Legacy wide - and even then, as it currently stands I have very little to benefit from this anyway until they give us extra character slots.

Iwipe's Avatar


Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 12:59 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Exactly! I HATE zoning into the late game planets - do you happen to know what's the cooldown on these travels?
9 hrs shared cooldown