Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Menthro
06.06.2012 , 12:29 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
It wouldn't appear that any servers are "getting axed" as you put it.

They are simply going to encourage people to transfer off of the lower pop servers, they made it quite clear that you will not be forced to transfer which kind of implies that no servers are being shut down or merged and that no forced transfers will occur.

They aren't merging anything, anyone that thinks that servers are being shut down or merged should probably take a closer look at the actual article, because none of that is happening.

It should be happening, but it's not.
If you are on a medium to low pop server and you are told you can transfer to another server with the potential for a higher population, I doubt many people are going to stick around, making those servers even MORE of a ghosttown, which is what I mean by axed.
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!

danpen
06.06.2012 , 12:29 PM | #62
I am happy that we do not have to wait the long till 1.3 comes out. In the live severs. Witch is going to be better then the game used to be i hope.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

SentinelDranoel
06.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #63
One thing, will you lock out servers, meaning that if that their populations is so low that no one should be playing on it. I am on one of the much lower population servers and it is so bad that no one should move here, will you block it off as everyone on the server takes part in an mass exodus.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

-Dench
06.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #64
thank you.
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

Celebrus
06.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Source?
I was expressing an opinion on what I feel should happen.

Unlike some people I don't try to push that on others as fact.

AllisonBerryman
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #66 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Alxandria View Post
I have a question:
How will we be affected (if any) if say we are on an origin server, but have no desire to move, either because we like small servers, or we just don't want to deal with the xfer process?
You are not required to move when transfers become available; it's your choice if you'd like to stay on your server.

AntTHFD
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #67
Never said it was hard, but read some of the issues others have voiced, as far as with people missing windows and what not. If BW was able to arrange it that we signed up as a guild before launch and were put together upon first entry into the game, I would think that they could figure out a way to transfer a guild as a whole to streamline the process.
REDRUM
The Shadowlands
A casual guild for adults that behave like children.
Antorius, Guildleader

Lionflash
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #68
I have a question.

Will they be shutting down some servers? More specifically the 'Outgoing' servers? Because unless they force people to transfer and shut down some servers, I don't see it fixing the problem completely.

In order to balance the servers out, you need to force push some people from the 'Heavy' servers to move into the 'Light' servers. Or else people who are already in 'Heavy' Servers won't move, and if your only option is to move from a 'Light' Server to a 'Stardard' Server, or worse yet, a 'Light' Server to a 'Light-Stardard' Server... it won't be so great.

I hope I get the chance to move to a 'Heavy' server...not just add an extra 20 people on the fleet.

islander
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by sharville View Post
It's completely unfair that I was forced to start a new character on a server and now I'm not going to be able to consolidate all of my characters on one server. I would like all of my alts on the same server so I can benefit from the legacy exp when I play them.
No one held a gun to your head and made you do anything.
You should have just stopped playing, like most of us did.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:31 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
The arbitrary restrictions on this--like the server type restrictions--absolutely reek of a money grab.
/facepalm

No, it's just that, right now, the QQ is much quieter than if they allowed a free-for-all. A free-for-all is a bad BAD idea. And so is a merge.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight