Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations and You
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Drom View Post
it'S double edged sword. I don't liek the idea of reforming the whole guild. And begging for my guildbank. and we all know how "good" is their customer service.
It is pretty good. I've submitted more than 20 tickets, and received actual Live Chat 8 of those times within the same day. The last time was yesterday.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Urael
06.06.2012 , 12:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaje View Post
Im seriously pissed we cannot move from PVP to PVE, seriously

I wanted to move my character that i have spend 6 months investing time in to play with a group of friends, now i cannot

Only option left to me is start again

Thanks Bioware
Ah hem .....

Quote:
We understand that some of you may be looking to consolidate characters from a variety of origin servers onto one server, and others may be anxious to move to a specific server to be with friends. With the restrictions of this initial service, that may not be possible. We still believe that you will enjoy playing on a higher population server and hope you'll take advantage of the service, but you won't be forced to transfer. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee. While we do not have a scheduled time frame for the launch of such a service, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience. Stay tuned to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more details!
You will be able to in the future. Just not in the initial wave.

Drom
06.06.2012 , 12:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
It is pretty good. I've submitted more than 20 tickets, and received actual Live Chat 8 of those times within the same day. The last time was yesterday.
8 of 20? and that's good?

I've got mostly bad experience with them.
Dromfel, Imperial Agent (Operative lvl 50) | Imperator Mos | Sith Empire | Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU PvP server)

Gaje
06.06.2012 , 12:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Ah hem .....

You will be able to in the future. Just not in the initial wave.
note the word MAY
Formerly of Terentatek
Now playing on P5

Celebrus
06.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Ahh, good on ya! Now all the QQers can move on to something else!
And all the fanboys can go on to dousing other wildfires.

This should buy you a good day or so of actually playing the game before the rage returns and you feel the tug of the forums again.

HeavensTerror
06.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #26
Finally.
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Keypek
06.06.2012 , 12:19 PM | #27
This is a good thing definitely. Only problem I foresee is that a guild of people who want to stay together happens to be on one of the origin servers. They allow us to move to a destination server for a day... two days... a week... whatever their timeframe is. But then that opportunity is limited in time and/or the destination server changes suddenly without warning and we still have half of our guild trying to transfer off the origin server or we have a couple integral members on vacation for the week and completely miss being able to transfer. Suddenly we either have to choose to keep the whole guild on a suddenly dead server or screw over a chunk of our guild members and leave without warning to them.

Like I said this transfer is definitely a very good thing and happy it is sooner then later. But not having some sort of guild transfer function could be problematic.

Sagimore
06.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #28
Thanks!!!

Will start playing again now.

kickdamonkey
06.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #29
This is awesome, but I have one question. How would a server transfer effect legacy?

For example, I wanted to move my 2 level 50's, one of which actually started the legacy. Will my legacy levels and perks be effected on those two characters or is legacy tied to the server and not the originating character?

Menthro
06.06.2012 , 12:20 PM | #30
Now just the waiting game to find out if my server is getting the ax. If it is, I will personally hunt down and slaughter anyone with my primary's name and my guild's name on my new server. Their spleens shall be mine!
Peace through firepower. Lots of firepower.

Troopers lead the way!