Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
06.06.2012 , 11:51 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I really...REALLY...hope that was sarcasm. Otherwise, it's the worst idea I've heard in a while...and there are some real doozies on this forum.
I agree - it wouldnt work - but I know where he is coming from - they made this game as a PvE and then bolted PvP onto it aferwards - this has never worked and the most unpopular nefs in SWTOR history have come from pvpers saying that class 'A' is OP - the nerf that comes then makes the class fair in pvp but next to uselss in PvE. They need to come up with a well thought out fix for this - or they will end up with neither PvP or PvE working correctly.

Personally I am in the mindset of completely removing pvp from the game until they have a fix for it - in the mean time work on getting the PvE classes right again and then taking it from there. Or vice versa - I just want one of the two to work as intended. I know that this will be a very unpopular idea but as a PvE fan (and an ex PvPer) I believe that something this drastic might be the only they can fix this.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 11:53 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
I agree - it wouldnt work - but I know where he is coming from - they made this game as a PvE and then bolted PvP onto it aferwards - this has never worked and the most unpopular nefs in SWTOR history have come from pvpers saying that class 'A' is OP - the nerf that comes then makes the class fair in pvp but next to uselss in PvE. They need to come up with a well thought out fix for this - or they will end up with neither PvP or PvE working correctly.

Personally I am in the mindset of completely removing pvp from the game until they have a fix for it - in the mean time work on getting the PvE classes right again and then taking it from there. Or vice versa - I just want one of the two to work as intended. I know that this will be a very unpopular idea but as a PvE fan (and an ex PvPer) I believe that something this drastic might be the only they can fix this.
I disagree. BioWare has always had a dedicated team for PvP. That's not what developers do if they're just going to "tack on" PvP. The proof is in how well-done WZ's are, and the fact that a much larger percentage of the population partake in PvP here than in any other MMO.

Don't let the failure of Ilum overshadow that fact.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Phlem's Avatar


Phlem
06.06.2012 , 11:59 AM | #103
Here's BWs QA process for class balance:

Marauders/Sentinals are happy? Let's buff them again
Scoundrels/Operatives are unhappy? Let's nerf them again
Mercs/commandos unhappy? Let's adjust them
Powertechs/Vanguards unhappy? Let's sugarcoat their nerf to try and make it look like a buff, simmilar to what we did with Operative Backstab and Scoundrels Back Blast
Sorcs/Sages unhappy? Let's buff their dps and leave their healing alone

Etc
Originally Posted by GoergZoeller
"If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun."

Sir_Galapagos's Avatar


Sir_Galapagos
06.06.2012 , 12:01 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Phlem View Post
Here's BWs QA process for class balance:

Marauders/Sentinals are happy? Let's buff them again
Scoundrels/Operatives are unhappy? Let's nerf them again
Mercs/commandos unhappy? Let's adjust them
Powertechs/Vanguards unhappy? Let's sugarcoat their nerf to try and make it look like a buff, simmilar to what we did with Operative Backstab and Scoundrels Back Blast
Sorcs/Sages unhappy? Let's buff their dps and leave their healing alone

Etc
i think this is the best post i ever seen! i completely agree.
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir_Galapagos View Post
i think this is the best post i ever seen! i completely agree.
Well, if it makes you happy to agree to fantasy, then whatever floats your boat.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Phlem's Avatar


Phlem
06.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I disagree. BioWare has always had a dedicated team for PvP. That's not what developers do if they're just going to "tack on" PvP. The proof is in how well-done WZ's are, and the fact that a much larger percentage of the population partake in PvP here than in any other MMO.

Don't let the failure of Ilum overshadow that fact.
The warzones are not well done, they are still buggy as hell and easily exploited. PvP use to be popular, but now it's fading faster then the game.
Originally Posted by GoergZoeller
"If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun."

Phlem's Avatar


Phlem
06.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Well, if it makes you happy to agree to fantasy, then whatever floats your boat.
Editing because I don't want to come across as rude and a d-bag.
Originally Posted by GoergZoeller
"If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun."

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
06.06.2012 , 12:07 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I disagree. BioWare has always had a dedicated team for PvP. That's not what developers do if they're just going to "tack on" PvP. The proof is in how well-done WZ's are, and the fact that a much larger percentage of the population partake in PvP here than in any other MMO.

Don't let the failure of Ilum overshadow that fact.
WZ's are not well done. They have been seriously flawed from th start in so many ways - buts thats besides the point. The fact is the 2 game types do not work properly when using the same class setups. Plus you fix a class for PvP and you mess it up for PvE - and vice versa - there is no escaping this fact and this is what needs to be fixed. Its a serious issue and people like yourself are not helping matters by saying all is well with the system. No offense intended.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 12:09 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by nDjiin View Post
WZ's are not well done. They have been seriously flawed from th start in so many ways - buts thats besides the point. The fact is the 2 game types do not work properly when using the same class setups. Plus you fix a class for PvP and you mess it up for PvE - and vice versa - there is no escaping this fact and this is what needs to be fixed. Its a serious issue and people like yourself are not helping matters by saying all is well with the system. No offense intended.
Well, we'll see how successful TESO is, then, because all skills and gear are the same for PvE and PvP, as it should be.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

murcans's Avatar


murcans
06.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Hello Murcans,

Why do you want them to give you a deception and madness more surviving and damage can you tell me thank you
Simple dou you know why people select tankassasin to pvp because deception tree is assassin has the worst dps all other damage class and if you don't have pocket healer in your group you will die easily or you have to be stealth and heal and stealth and heal yourself without killing anyone in war zones I suggest you go target dummies and test deception dps and compare other dps classes any good ranged class will kill you in 2 or 3 shots in warzones