Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeer
06.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SanguineSphinx View Post
The Affection Gain "perks" are worse than useless. Seriously? 15% affection gain for 250k? That makes it MORE expensive than just buying gifts for your companions the normal way.
This is exactly what I thought and worst you have to get it for every character.

celldoom
06.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #22
The Affection Gain "perks" are worse than useless. Seriously? 15% affection gain for 250k? That makes it MORE expensive than just buying gifts for your companions the normal way.
Very true, currently that one is a self-defeating perk.

Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by thewatcheruatu View Post
Well, I do wish the quick travel to the Black Hole were a little cheaper, but I guess I'm going to buy it anyway. The cost represents about two hours of doing dailies, which is worth noting since it's probably only saving you about five minutes each time you use it. So basically, you'll have to use it 24 times before you break even on what you paid for it.

Not ridiculous, but I almost just wish this were something we got for free, since if the rest of you are like me, you just like to get your dailies over with as quickly as possible so that you can move on to things you like to do more.
Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.

schnopsnosn
06.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeer View Post
This is exactly what I thought and worst you have to get it for every character.
I highly doubt that.
You buy them ONCE and have them available for every character on that account.

DarthZaul
06.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #25
It doesn't make much sense to have to buy all 3 repair droids either. You should be able to just choose the one you want since the more expensive ones have more features.

Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
I highly doubt that.
Nope

SanguineSphinx
06.06.2012 , 12:06 PM | #26
I highly doubt that.
Uhhh, no. Character Perk. It's per character.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

schnopsnosn
06.06.2012 , 12:08 PM | #27
Uhhh, no. Character Perk. It's per character.
Oh, just saw it...
Well then it's quite lame...

SanguineSphinx
06.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #28
Oh, just saw it...
Well then it's quite lame...
Lame indeed. A lame limb can sometimes just be dead weight and just get in the way, just like these absurdly useless affection "perks" just take up space on the screen.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeer View Post
That was my thought, as well. The benefit for a single character just isn't worth it, especially if you've got at least one character who's capable of churning out companion gifts cheaply.
Hapan Delegation

FizzGigg
06.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #30
I really don't understand the need to make legacy "perks" character based instead of account based. The arguement stated by bioware (and i forget where I seen this) was its cheaper to buy per character than account wide due to obvious reasons of being on multiple characters. Here is my problem with this..

1.) If I want to buy a legacy "perk" that boosts exp, companion affection gains, travel, and crafting, 99% of the time I will want that for every single character on my account. Yes, even on my current level 50's.

2.) If you want to keep it to specific character unlocks, fine.. but please give an option for an account wide unlock and we can decide if we want to pony up the extra credits. Hell, make it more expensive than if you unlocked it for every character slot available on the server even if you have yet to create that many characters. I'm sure players will opt in still for an account wide unlock.

As for a side note on legacy unlocks..

A.) I remember reading somewhere, again I cant point to it atm, that the warzone training dummy did not accurately reflect stats of a geared or semi geared player. IE I would imagine it having a certain amount of pvp stat and defense up to par with players. Is it possible for us to get a reply on a more detailed description on the training dummies? Maybe even the ability to inspect the dummy so we can see stats for better understanding of our potential.

B.) I'm sure this is in the works in one form or another.. but faster speeders or perhaps equivalent unlocks via legacy purchasing would be awesome someday.