Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
06.06.2012 , 11:32 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Stratospheric View Post
This game is for PvEr's, PvPr's have to wait for **2
I used to enjoy Pvp - now its just a warrior dps fest. I cant stand to play it any more.

J-Pat's Avatar


J-Pat
06.06.2012 , 11:36 AM | #92
so excited

Phlem's Avatar


Phlem
06.06.2012 , 11:37 AM | #93
Simple way to fix marauders/sentinals: when they use Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force, reduce damage done by 99% to go along with the 99% damage received buff and drop health by 25% instead of 50%, ans/or give them a debuff that reduces the healing they can receive by 100% during the duration and for 10 seconds after, kinda like shadow/assassin and op/scound emergency stealth debuff. This would be well well in line with the nerf to Survivors Scars/Survival Training, lol
Originally Posted by GoergZoeller
"If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun."

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
06.06.2012 , 11:38 AM | #94
We should have just had a PvP and PvE skill tree from start that had 0 effect on the other.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

murcans's Avatar


murcans
06.06.2012 , 11:39 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisYou View Post
Thanks for ruining PvE Tankasins. Now buff the other two trees so i can be a viable dps please.
Yes give deception and madness more surviving and damage and balance the game

danpen's Avatar


danpen
06.06.2012 , 11:43 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by murcans View Post
Yes give deception and madness more surviving and damage and balance the game
Hello Murcans,

Why do you want them to give you a deception and madness more surviving and damage can you tell me thank you
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 11:44 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
We should have just had a PvP and PvE skill tree from start that had 0 effect on the other.
I really...REALLY...hope that was sarcasm. Otherwise, it's the worst idea I've heard in a while...and there are some real doozies on this forum.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

nDjiin's Avatar


nDjiin
06.06.2012 , 11:44 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Phlem View Post
Simple way to fix marauders/sentinals: when they use Undying Rage/Guarded by the Force, reduce damage done by 99% to go along with the 99% damage received buff and drop health by 25% instead of 50%, ans/or give them a debuff that reduces the healing they can receive by 100% during the duration and for 10 seconds after, kinda like shadow/assassin and op/scound emergency stealth debuff. This would be well well in line with the nerf to Survivors Scars/Survival Training, lol
That would be a good start imo - but it wouldnt address the fact they can still out dps even the next closest surge class by a substantial margin, whilst at the same time out dps'ing mercs/ sorcs / snipers in overall dps. If it wasn't for EC being so melee unfriendly you would ONLY have 4 maras as your dps.

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
06.06.2012 , 11:47 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I really...REALLY...hope that was sarcasm. Otherwise, it's the worst idea I've heard in a while...and there are some real doozies on this forum.
One of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.. Each tree independent of each other.. So when the PVP whines come storming in for the nerfs it won't effect the PVE playability. Absolutely outstanding idea.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 11:50 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
One of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.. Each tree independent of each other.. So when the PVP whines come storming in for the nerfs it won't effect the PVE playability. Absolutely outstanding idea.
Except that, so far, "whines" aren't what BioWare goes by. Did you read the blog at all?

The more that this pointless segregation happens between the two, the more it exacerbates this poor attitude. It doesn't fix anything, and only results in more work for those of us who equally partake in PvE and PvP.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight