Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 10:03 AM | #1
Hey everyone, this is post is to inform those not on the PTS about the 1.3 legacy perks and also serve as a point of discussion for these perks.

There are 4 categories: advancement, convenience, companion and travel. All of them cost credits and require legacy levels (max level was 30 for some).

The rest of the details are cataloged here: http://dulfy.net/2012/06/06/patch-1-...aracter-perks/

What you guys think? I like the companion junk selling one, its cheap and having it down to 5 s its really nice. The quick travel to Black hole is also handy

cycao
06.06.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2
Ohhh like the changes to mounts and the XP boost will be nice...good stuff once again.

Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3
Anyone know the cooldown on the repair droid and field mailbox? They didn't copy my new chars over and I don't have enough credits on my old chars to check it out

Screaming_Ziva
06.06.2012 , 10:37 AM | #4
I'll definitely be buying the Rank 1 Speeder Piloting for all my alts. Rank 2 and 3 is a bit expensive so I'll probably pass on those.

The Capital World transport would be nice for new alts as it seems you're always going there anyway. Fleet Vanguard Vessel looks nice as well but it depends on the cooldown.

None of the others really seem worth it.

xZarquon
06.06.2012 , 10:37 AM | #5
Thanks for putting this together Dulfy, great as always.

Honestly, if everything is as I read, I'm kind of disappointed. Questions I'd like answered

1) Class quest bonus is specific for the class quests (so 5-6 quests per planet?) or all storyline quests (class and planet) or all quests? (If this is only for class quests, I think it's highly overpriced as you can get similar exp with larger bonuses from PvP)
2) For Legacy of crafting, this only applies to crit crafting? or does this improve the chances to crit on crew missions as well?
3) What are the cool downs for the travel and repair droids at the different levels.

Thanks.

Blisst_uNF
06.06.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Anyone know the cooldown on the repair droid and field mailbox? They didn't copy my new chars over and I don't have enough credits on my old chars to check it out
Rank 1 = 1 hour cooldown on each.. don't have $ for further ranks at the moment.

also.. mail droid looks like a probe droid from empire with a spherical head..

and repair droid looks like the ship repair droid..

If you want screenies... /w raive'harbinger on PTS

-edit
Rank 3 of mail droid is 15 min CD (forgot to look when i picked up rank 2)
Raive Starsight <Rogue Elite> (The Harbinger)

Siriano
06.06.2012 , 11:01 AM | #7
Yeah, I was disappointed too. The skill I was most looking forward to- Celerity, the sprint buff, didn't make it into the patch at all. The exp buffs are only 10% with five ranks, that seems soo insignificant, especially to someone who has leveled many toons to 50 already. The crit crafting bonus maxes out at 3% with all three ranks. 3%!

I've been saving credits since 1.2, anticipating a spending spree for cool legacy perks. Honestly, none of these 'perks' are going to offer a significant boost to the game experience.

xZarquon
06.06.2012 , 11:04 AM | #8
The experience buffs are actually 30% at rank 5. as the 2,4,6,8, and 10% bonuses are cumulative.

Iwipe
06.06.2012 , 11:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blisst_uNF View Post
Rank 1 = 1 hour cooldown on each.. don't have $ for further ranks at the moment.

also.. mail droid looks like a probe droid from empire with a spherical head..

and repair droid looks like the ship repair droid..

If you want screenies... /w raive'harbinger on PTS

-edit
Rank 3 of mail droid is 15 min CD (forgot to look when i picked up rank 2)
Awesome, thanks!

DarthZaul
06.06.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
Why have they massively nerfed everything? The exp bonuses were all 30% in the preview video. Unless your missing the fact that they are cumulative. (I haven't got on yet)

NVM