Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MythosHero
06.06.2012 , 08:38 AM | #11
Nothing for healers, then? Awesome.
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Dark Fury] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Felyra | Kaysera | Kayros
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Vyntas
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

Sartanis
06.06.2012 , 08:40 AM | #12
Is it just me, or did the Sorcerers / Sages get skimped again? Because I didn't see anything about them.
Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power. Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my Chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Inzuher
06.06.2012 , 08:51 AM | #13
Hmm some pretty nice tank changes, though I didn't have any problem keeping aggro on my jugernaut I welcome these changes with a smile ;D.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

Boarg
06.06.2012 , 08:53 AM | #14
The Shadow/Assassin tank survivability changes went too far for high-end PvE tanking with the armor multiplier downgrade.

Shadows were already pretty much considered the worst choice for end-game PvE tanking because they are the easiest to get gibbed. They had the least armor, the little self heals don't mean much when you're taking big boss damage, and their shield mechanic isn't as reliable.

PvE guilds were already prioritizing the other two tank AC's. After this, most of the high-end guilds will disqualify them altogether from main-tank roles.

SpoeMeister
06.06.2012 , 08:53 AM | #15
Thank you for sharing a fraction of your philosophy. Changes seem reasonable on paper, we'll see what happens :-)
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Bazzoong
06.06.2012 , 08:54 AM | #16
Yet another nerf to the concealment and scrapper trees, biochem effectively removed from pvp...

So you ARE going the same way WoW has gone, guess my SWTOR subscription will go the same way my WoW subscription has gone once 1.3 hits.
Ye can still type while yer stunned.

BongoFrenzy
06.06.2012 , 08:56 AM | #17
As a Shadow Tank and Sniper I must say that I am very satisfied with these changes.

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 09:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
I thought it was mentioned previously that they will improve the useablility of healers and I see no mention of that here or in the full patch notes
Good change to Sniper/GS tree. I'm interested to see how well this plays out After being Lethality for so long, I kinda doubt I'll go back to MM, but at least it'll feel like it's not gimped.

Just read all of the Sniper/GS notes... Very nice!! Really looking forward to the changes But with the change to Target Acquired effectively being PvP-only (unless you really DO mean armor penetration), will the PvE set bonuses change?

Just read ALL the notes... I'm really looking forward to this patch

And very surprised nothing was done with healing. I guess it's hitting all the right marks
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

MillionsKNives
06.06.2012 , 09:03 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
Hmm some pretty nice tank changes, though I didn't have any problem keeping aggro on my jugernaut I welcome these changes with a smile ;D.
Agreed. Although it wasn't too bad before these changes I'm not going to complain about the increased utility. Any time I had to fight around a group of cc'd enemies I'd lose a pivotal part of my rotation (wither) so that I would not awaken the others. I'd have to do a lot of taunt/attack juggling to keep the ones who were awake on me instead. Though I think it does help distinguish skilled and non-skilled tanks I won't lament the changes.

Now I'll just have to only worry about making sure I don't hit discharge by cc'd enemies.

It is unfortunate however that they decided to lower the armor and health regen for assassins/shadows. Though I'm not too worried.

RobHampshire
06.06.2012 , 09:09 AM | #20
Runs to transfer character.

Now this I am looking forward to hit live.