Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conversation roll?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

monkgryphon
06.05.2012 , 06:20 PM | #11
Is there an update on this issue? Going to get a small hotfix, a workaround, whatever?

gurugeorge
06.05.2012 , 06:23 PM | #12
Christ almighty, grouped dialogues is one of the few actual interesting innovations in the game, and they've managed to **** it up?

This is turning into a farce of monumental proportions.

Maxil
06.05.2012 , 06:25 PM | #13
watch for emergency maintenance tonight or tomorrow to fix this.

But yeah... bioware... c'mon, even though I throw some crap your way I still have some faith and understanding of the process... but this is just getting to levels beyond embarrassing and unprofessional.

Dafpants
06.05.2012 , 06:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxil View Post
watch for emergency maintenance tonight or tomorrow to fix this.
Aww man, I hope it's not tonight (very early Wednesday morning for most of you, Wednesday evening for us down here)
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

Bloodstealer
06.05.2012 , 07:22 PM | #15
Yep been seeing it ever since the latest awesome maintenace patching... guess the PTS was offline so yet again no testing on your fixes.. internally or externally by us.... sigh

Not only has the portaits & roll scores gone some of the VO are incorrect based on the soical rolls... mess comes to mind...

Maybe they gunna roll back... so all ya social points are wiped out.... dang I hit 6 maximums in Esseles earlier...... only got 3 VO's tho... the other 3 were randoms for some reason... just as well it wasn't on my sith shadow.. i wud of been real mad like to of not heard Kiera Knighley's voice a few extra times... grrrr
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

Kthx
06.05.2012 , 08:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
This is turning into a farce of monumental proportions.
It's a minor bug with almost no effect on playability.

Maxil
06.05.2012 , 08:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post

It's not necessarily the bug itself that is pissing people off, it's the attitude and work ethic bw is putting into their product.

it's something that would have been seen the very first time it was tested. This basically shows that like prior mistakes, they aren't play testing these patches at all beyond making sure **** doesn't crash the client.

Thank god 1.3 is going PTS, but if 1.2 is any indication, especially now with a smaller staff, anything anyone brings up is likely to be ignored as well. Remember up until about two weeks ago we were having patches on tuesdays that fixed issues from 1.2 and the patches on thursdays were fixing bugs from the untested patches on tuesday.

If I was paying monthly I would unsub because the service delivered is not worth 15/mo.

gurugeorge
06.06.2012 , 08:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
As the other guy said, it's not so much the bug itself, it's more that it's symptomatic of carelessness (or an overworked skeleton crew, perhaps). Grouped dialogues is a showcase feature of the game, for me (and I'd guess for many of those who are sticking with the game) it's one of the most fun parts of the game.

When this showcase feature has such an obvious and blatantt bug let through, it doesn't inspire confidence in the developers.

AllisonBerryman
06.06.2012 , 08:12 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Is there an update on this issue? Going to get a small hotfix, a workaround, whatever?
We are working on a fix for this issue and will deploy it in an upcoming patch. Thanks again to everyone who reported it!

adultprodigy
06.23.2012 , 02:16 PM | #20
Still having this issue AllisonBerryman. Is there any new news on this fix? I have a feeling this fix will come out in 1.3.