Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Flaw of the Sith Warrior's Chapter 1 Story

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Flaw of the Sith Warrior's Chapter 1 Story

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
05.31.2012 , 08:45 PM | #1
Just finished it and overall it's very good, much better than SI's story. You actually got the chance to manipulate people and corrupt Jedi rather than dig treasure and capture ghosts. However, is Norman Karr's fall too sudden?

The situation for him wasn't too bad, just lost 2 padawan and Jaesa was in trouble because of the manipulation. Then he just rushed in all by himself and lost everything? As a great Jedi Master and nemesis of Baras, it's stupid.

Velaran's Avatar


Velaran
05.31.2012 , 08:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Just finished it and overall it's very good, much better than SI's story. You actually got the chance to manipulate people and corrupt Jedi rather than dig treasure and capture ghosts. However, is Norman Karr's fall too sudden?

The situation for him wasn't too bad, just lost 2 padawan and Jaesa was in trouble because of the manipulation. Then he just rushed in all by himself and lost everything? As a great Jedi Master and nemesis of Baras, it's stupid.
That's kind of a big thing, and he was always unhinged deep down anyway.

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
05.31.2012 , 09:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Velaran View Post
That's kind of a big thing, and he was always unhinged deep down anyway.
This. Dude was unstable already and had already dipped into the Dark Side, so to speak; all he needed was a bit of pushing. Jedi or not, one can only take so much before snapping.

Oh, I hate to tell you but Baras is stupid in his own right but that's all I'll say on that.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

platinumruggo's Avatar


platinumruggo
05.31.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4
Even Jedi have their breaking point, just look at Bastila in KOTOR 1. Despite being as powerful as she was and having BM, she was still broken by Malak. It's not the same situation here but you get my drift.

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
05.31.2012 , 11:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
This. Dude was unstable already and had already dipped into the Dark Side, so to speak; all he needed was a bit of pushing. Jedi or not, one can only take so much before snapping.

Oh, I hate to tell you but Baras is stupid in his own right but that's all I'll say on that.
This. Karr was already dangerously close to falling or had already fallen to the Dark Side and was keeping it hidden. All he needed was a push to lose himself completely which the SW did.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.03.2012 , 10:08 PM | #6
Karr let his obsession with destroying Baras get the best of him, making him more and more unhinged. Similar to Jun Seros in....
Spoiler


The difference is, Jun Seros was 100% convinced he was right. Karr started to doubt himself, so he grasped onto the Dark Side in order to attempt victory in his duel with the SW.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Chanez's Avatar


Chanez
06.05.2012 , 06:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
Even Jedi have their breaking point, just look at Bastila in KOTOR 1. Despite being as powerful as she was and having BM, she was still broken by Malak. It's not the same situation here but you get my drift.
Actually imo its exactly the same.

He was always evil inside, thats why he told his apprentice never to use the power unneccesarily (as in on him).