Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cather exclusive to republic? I don't think so, here's why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cather exclusive to republic? I don't think so, here's why...

Phyreblade
06.05.2012 , 02:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
.....Are there even any bothans in game right now? I can't recall any at least. If there are any additional races that are going to be added along with the Cathar, I'd personally bet on them fitting the same basic criteria that the Cathar do. So a specieis that can speak basic, is mostly humanesque in appearance but possibly slightly less so than the current species, and currently exists in game likely in a large number. I'd put Togruta as the species with highest probability now that Cathar have been added.
Oh, I agree completely. I was thinking Voss would be more likely than even Cathar, until I saw Cathar being announced. Another species we see alot of in game are the Nautilons. I myself wouldn't mind Devaronians, actually. Gault was a fun character to interact with, anyway.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Gwena
06.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #12
From what I've noticed, seeing particular race/class combos in-game as NPCs does not necessarily indicate that it is/will be a standard combo available in the character creator (off the top of my head, I believe my Sith Warrior's trainer on the fleet was a Twi'lek).

Republic only races:
Mirialan
Miraluka

Empire only races:
Chiss
Rattataki
Sith Pureblood

Given the above, I wouldn't be surprised if the Republic got Cathar and the Empire did not. Of course, just about any race could theoretically be an Inquisitor as the Empire will enslave just about any race, and Smugglers and BH's could be just about any race too. Yet, those classes are still limited to select races in character creation.

Then again, the Empire is popular and Bioware may simply want to please as many people as possible, who knows.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Moitteva
06.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #13
Hello everyone!

Because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of Cathars here:

Cathar as a playable species

Thanks for your understanding.