Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content vs Current Content STILL BUGGED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Content vs Current Content STILL BUGGED
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Enlanzer
06.05.2012 , 08:17 AM | #1
Am I the only one that is upset that Bioware has not implemented any hotfixes to there current content? I'm talking about bugs in Operations. These bugs will put your raid in a dead end. This is not fun. We have the gear and the skill to beat these encounters but the BUGS are holding us back. It's frustrating to say the least when I see all this "NEW CONTENT" bullcrap, but they cant even implement a HOTFIX to address the current problems. What happens when the new content drops and it has bugs, we just wait another 6 months for more buggy crap? HOTFIX YOUR CURRENT CONTENT SO WE CAN ACTUALLY PLAY IT.

AllisonBerryman
06.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Enlanzer -

We do release frequent patches in addition to our Game Updates to address issues that players are experiencing with content already in the game. You can read all of our previous patch notes here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes. You'll also see even more fixes for issues in Flashpoints and Operations in the upcoming Game Update 1.3. Remember, if you encounter a bug, the best thing you can do is report it using the in-game Customer Service tool - this ensures that your report will be reviewed and added to the system if it isn't already there!

Iron_Lord
06.05.2012 , 08:26 AM | #3
Yeah, they need to fix bugs first and make the game playable before adding new bugs.. uhmmm content...
One example is the 1.2 sound issue. No sound = Game is broken

1.2 sound issue has been going on for 7 weeks... still no update on when it will be fixed or if someone is working on it.
"I started with nothing and I still have most of it"

Nyla
06.05.2012 , 08:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Iron_Lord View Post
Yeah, they need to fix bugs first and make the game playable before adding new bugs.. uhmmm content...
One example is the 1.2 sound issue. No sound = Game is broken

1.2 sound issue has been going on for 7 weeks... still no update on when it will be fixed or if someone is working on it.
First, teams working in parallel, some on the bugs, some on new features and content.

2nd, about sounds, they said they were working on it and told us there was more than one bug. They already fixed some of the sound issues in the last patches.

Emeda
06.05.2012 , 08:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
First, teams working in parallel, some on the bugs, some on new features and content.

2nd, about sounds, they said they were working on it and told us there was more than one bug. They already fixed some of the sound issues in the last patches.
To sum it up. Excuses.

I imagine that the ones wrking on new content could help in bug fixing in some way. Maybe even then they would learn sometihng to help prevent more bugs when they release something.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

jarjarloves
06.05.2012 , 08:40 AM | #6
What t game breaking bugs are there keeping you from ops? My guikd hasnt had any problems with bugs

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

MillionsKNives
06.05.2012 , 08:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
To sum it up. Excuses.

I imagine that the ones wrking on new content could help in bug fixing in some way. Maybe even then they would learn sometihng to help prevent more bugs when they release something.
Awesome logic there. A reason for something being the way it is isn't an excuse.

Also, just throwing people at a problem doesn't fix it faster.

Nyla
06.05.2012 , 08:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
To sum it up. Excuses.

Excuses for what ? Dunno what you mean.

That's how it is because fixing no bug will make players angry, fixing all bugs before doing new content will also make some players angry.

The best way is to do both at the same time.
As developpers can't just jump in a team and start coding in 5min, it also makes sense to keep the same people doing the new content.
Btw, being on the new content team doesn't mean thoses developpers don't fix bugs, it means they don't fix bugs on the live version of the game, they still fix bugs on the version in development.

Evironrage
06.05.2012 , 08:56 AM | #9
The enormity of the fixes frequently are just too much for the team. It is evident at this pt. Not every MMO is built equally.
I don't discuss things as a committee, I don't care about a protocol droid's opinion, and I wish I had more time to get her excited

Enlanzer
06.05.2012 , 08:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
What t game breaking bugs are there keeping you from ops? My guikd hasnt had any problems with bugs
a specific example: last Tuesday we were in EV. Soa bugged on the platforms even after we reset the instance. We couldnt even finish the raid.. Eternity Vault has been out since release. It's now June. Dude that's PLENTY of time to implement a hotfix.