Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on 1.3 Shadow nerf patch notes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ETA on 1.3 Shadow nerf patch notes?

Crawelc
06.05.2012 , 12:55 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by xJACKTHERIPPERx View Post
Huh? I wasn't replying to you. I'm not quite sure what you are expecting from me. I was rebutting his points, he said the heals can crit, I said they can't. Plus its easy to interrupt the heals with a quick stun or knockback.
OK, Im willing to admit that I dont know how the self heals work. Is it not every time you do tele/lighting or do you have to have a proc or use an ability to make it heal?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
06.05.2012 , 12:58 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
Tanks who wear dps gear are bads who can't cut it in a real spec. It's a crutch. You can argue all you want. You're fotm because of a developmental glitch you're essentially exploiting just so you can be viable in spite of your lack of skills. I look forward to all of you being forced to play the class as intended. And while we're at it, there's no need to buff deception and make it easy mode for the newly migrating bads. Deception does perfectly well in the hands of a quality player. I quit rift when they buffed the living crap out of rogues and suddenly every awful player and their brother dusted off a class that was already fine to begin with, just so they could wtfpwn people. This, as most class balance issues go, is a l2p issue. These are bad players who rely on a skewed situation. Aside from these pitiful tanks, legit shadows/assassins already wreck face as deception/infiltration. No need to buff it and ruin what's a pretty well balanced class...until everyone QQ's it back to the stone age the second it gets buffed.

It's pretty simple.

You don't have to nerf or buff anything. Just make it so in order to wear stalker gear, you have to have a certain amount of points in deception tree. Boom. Problem solved.

I've been deception/infiltration (50's on both factions, same spec) since the beginning. And, no, I have zero trouble killing tank assassins...or any other class for that matter....I can't wait until you either get forced to l2p, or you quit because it isn't easy mode. There isn't a class I fear in my deception spec. Of course, I know what I'm doing.
Although i agree with pretty much everything you said, i have to ask out of genuine curiousity what glitch exactly are you talking about?
But ya, I recently switch my sin over to tank spec to try it for PvE, and its so much fun. i wear dps gear to do dailies, but thats it. i still have fun playing a tank as an assassin, but if i want to dps, theres 2 perfectly good specs for that
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

ShatteredVision
06.05.2012 , 01:00 AM | #33
I meant glitch as in the devs let this all slip through the cracks without realizing it ahead of time.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

Astarica
06.05.2012 , 01:03 AM | #34
Assassins use Jedi mind tricks to deflect blame to other classes to avoid getting nerfed.

Those aren't the DPS you're looking for.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
06.05.2012 , 01:07 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
OK, Im willing to admit that I dont know how the self heals work. Is it not every time you do tele/lighting or do you have to have a proc or use an ability to make it heal?
the heals work my building up stacks of harnessed darkness whick require the use of either shock or wither to build one stack, so 3 uses of either ability gets you 3 stacks. at 3 stacks of HD, your force lightning heals you for 3% per tick and deals 75% more damage.

I meant glitch as in the devs let this all slip through the cracks without realizing it ahead of time.
ahh ok. ya true enough. i agreed with what was said above where something with the gear should be looked at instead of the class or specs. i play a tank assassin as a full on tank for ops and hard modes and its so much fun. it would be a shame if they killed that
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

Lastot
06.05.2012 , 01:09 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
How anyone can even attempt to argue that Tank Assassin is not op is beyond me.
How anyone can be stupid enough to argue that Tank Assassin IS over powered is beyond me. WoW to the stupid people on the inter-webs.
No one will ever hit you harder than life. It doesn't matter how you hit back but how much you move forward, while you suffer through.

Artemys
06.05.2012 , 01:10 AM | #37
Tankassins are no problem for me as a Juggernaut. I can kill most 1v1, and the VERY good ones I can hold out against for a longtime. People just need to be smart with their CDs, Medpacks,Grenades (yes grenades, either level an alt with cybertech or have someone make them, they are essential), CCs. Same goes for everyone in my guild pretty much. You need to take the time to learn how to fight them. Granted you may not win, but it's rock paper scissors really for classes. Everything has their bane and what they can kill.
I don't play a tankassin and I've gone up against many. I'm surprised how many people though really have no idea how to approach one or react when one comes at them.
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

iesnbold
06.05.2012 , 01:11 AM | #38
You don't have to nerf or buff anything. Just make it so in order to wear stalker gear, you have to have a certain amount of points in deception tree. Boom. Problem solved.
That leave Madness Sin running along the WZ naked. And even Takasin would find a way around it by putting their dps mod in their tank gear.

As I agree there is something that needs doing about Tankasin, forcing them to play with tank gear is retarded unless you make pvp tanking at least viable, for now the only two defensive stats roughly useful in pvp are amor rating and endurance. And even armor doesn't do **** vs a pyro PT for example, and not much vs sorcs. How do you call a tank that is as squishy as every other class vs half of the ranged DPS ?

ShatteredVision
06.05.2012 , 01:14 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by xJACKTHERIPPERx View Post
the heals work my building up stacks of harnessed darkness whick require the use of either shock or wither to build one stack, so 3 uses of either ability gets you 3 stacks. at 3 stacks of HD, your force lightning heals you for 3% per tick and deals 75% more damage.

ahh ok. ya true enough. i agreed with what was said above where something with the gear should be looked at instead of the class or specs. i play a tank assassin as a full on tank for ops and hard modes and its so much fun. it would be a shame if they killed that
That's the thing. I don't think they need to be nerfed at all. They just need to wear the gear they're supposed to. My buddy runs a tank shadow, with tank gear, and still rolls people in warzones...because he's actually good.

Logic tells us that a tank in dps gear should be LESS effective, not MORE effective. If you're a tank...you should be wearing tank gear. If I swapped out all my dps gear for tank gear, and ran a dps spec, people wouldn't be all over the forums calling me OP. They'd be saying what should be said....*** is wrong with you? haha. I'd be less useful, which is the way it's supposed to be. A tank is intended to have certain stats and certain gear for scaling purposes. Having an buttload of utility and tankiness, and all the dps perks to go with it isn't intended. People joke about the 31/31/31 spec, but that's really kind of what it is. You get all of the upside, with none of the down.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

Astarica
06.05.2012 , 01:14 AM | #40
The most powerful classes tend to attract the worst players so the class's power is balanced by having an exceptionally large number of bad players.

The skill cap needed to play an Assassin well is also higher than that of Marauder. Most people play Tankasins as a Marauder wannabe and they'd be better just rolling a Marauder instead. Tankasins are extremely overpowered but it is a rather subtle thing. Leading a WZ in heal/protect/DPS is one of the LEAST overpowered aspect of the classes. The stuff you don't see is what seriously messes up your team, but few Tankasins know what they are and even fewer enemies are aware of it.