Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

maxetius
06.04.2012 , 06:18 PM | #101
Quote:
i agree why raise the cap now??? seems a little early for that
lol WHAT?? This isn't even funny.

JeramieCrowe
06.04.2012 , 06:18 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Sup Jeramie.

sorry did not understand the last part of your sentence.

What I expect, is them stopping doing the same mistakes again and again.

Like they know a vast majority of the players despite the 1.2 gear and still they display it in a promotion video.
Or the producer has been mocked about how non heroic are the bosses encounters and they display not 1 or two, but 4 in the same video.
Similarly they ask players what planets they want to see and the one chosen isn't even mentioned by one player in the topic. it's probably the least spoken about forums wide. It's not that much different for the Cathar either.
There's also the fact that players keeps hammering at world PvP and there's not one mention in the video.

I don't know, I'd just like them to get a damn clue!
What I mean is, as an entity that has been given creative license to add to Star Wars canon, since TOR is strictly EU, to expect TOR to conform only to Original Trilogy kind of content and appearances is silliness at best.

This is EU. Expect new things.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Deewe
06.04.2012 , 06:19 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
It'd be hard to imagine that Cathar would be playable by Empire, seeing as how Cathar detest the Empire and are allied with the Republic (aside from Legacy unlock, that is).

Although, I suppose Republic has been down a species compared to Empire since launch, and this could be evening the numbers.
As hard as Sith or Chiss for the republic but bending the lore even going totally against their initial core design does not seems to annoy them at all.

JeramieCrowe
06.04.2012 , 06:19 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
That would be good to see more races and hopefully ones that stand out to be different like bothan, yoda race ( i mean really swtor could use this big secret to bring people back and should be able to reveal the yoda secret and let us play thier race) among other expected races from the community but also ones with multiple arms would be cool as well.
I wouldn't expect the yoda species to be playable...ever. George Lucas, himself, put the kibosh on that, along with wookiee jedi.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Deewe
06.04.2012 , 06:25 PM | #105
What I mean is, as an entity that has been given creative license to add to Star Wars canon, since TOR is strictly EU, to expect TOR to conform only to Original Trilogy kind of content and appearances is silliness at best.

This is EU. Expect new things.
Gotcha.

Well new is fine as long as it suits the lore.

IMHO this, this or this and that does not looks iconic to me. And we have them in game...

TalkingDinosaur
06.04.2012 , 06:26 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Things you are, still, doing wrong:
  • @0:21: First boss (Does not looks like SW to me, maybe Call of Cthulhu)
  • @0:22: Second boss (Not bad, not good either)
  • @0:24: Third boss (Coming for TSW promotion video, with magic portal in the back)
  • @0:51: Fourth boss (Not bad, not good either, does not feel very much SW though)
I'm sorry didn't know you were George Lucas and can immediately decide if something is Star Warsy or not, but I should check my memory because 0:22 and 0:51 look like droids. That seems Star Warsy to me.

Judging from the title "Terror from Beyond" and the many areas of mid hyperspace we can assume this something from "Beyond" as in another galaxy that the game hints to so often. And the fact that this is a GALAXY where y'know an abundance of alien species can exist. TOR takes place fairly early in the SW universe where most of the galaxy is still undiscovered. So running into an unknown isn't uncommon.

Quote:
Game keeps being many players kiting a single boss.
Pro tip: at 0:22 there's more than one boss during the fight.

I don't understand why people think because Bioware says once that fighting a single enemy isn't heroic that people expect 99% of boss fights to consist of more than one enemy.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

VegaPhone
06.04.2012 , 06:28 PM | #107
I wouldn't expect the yoda species to be playable...ever. George Lucas, himself, put the kibosh on that, along with wookiee jedi.
Thats true, but people can change their opinions, and also he retired from SW I believe, and the yoda secret reveal in swtor would be epic. Yoda race, and open world pvp with player housing! Then everyone plays swtor - and is the #1 MMO.

Iceguy
06.04.2012 , 06:30 PM | #108
It's thing like this that make me want to keep my subscription. Well done.

Shruby
06.04.2012 , 06:30 PM | #109
Nice one, really looking forward to it!

My question is the following, this will be a new CONTENT or a new EXPANSION?

Since I think, people are not playing with the game because of the low server pops and stuff, why should they buy the new EXPANSION. SO i hope this will be a content. No offense, I love the game, but hard to play with an MMO without fellow players.

Best,
Customer
One does not simply playing on a low-end machine and having some good fps.

Imhotep
06.04.2012 , 06:32 PM | #110
Too little, too late.

I want this game to succeed, really I do. I'd like my CE to be worth the money I paid for it but this game has just been a repeated swift kick in the ********s. Cathar? Really? Another reskinned human. Where are the Rodians, or ANY other ALIEN race.

To me it just looks like they desperately raided what should have been xpac content in order to stop the bleeding. Im not saying this game is failing. Im saying it is not performing up to its expectations.

Please BW prove me wrong.
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sėkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™