Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden
06.04.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
So it's official, Cathar are going to be the first expansion playable species.

Babies for f!trooper and Aric!! (and yes, I'll probably be rolling another trooper just to do this)

I'm really curious what kind of skin/hair/face models they're going to be using. All the female Cathar I've seen in the game have that really short hairstyle and most Cathar (aside from some of the Aric customizations) are reddish brown. Anyone happen to know what's normal as far as the lore goes?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Crezelle
06.04.2012 , 04:30 PM | #2
i admit it... i;m furry for lions... if i can make one that looks like a totally badarse regal looking lion. i will. i'll prolly even scrap my SW as i made him look as lionish as a pureblood can ( that chin that looks like a finely groomed manebeard... purrrr)
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

PaniMauser
06.04.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
I just hope for more character slots per server. I have used all eight by now and I really want a Cathar character. I wanted it since I first met that NPC catgirl on Ord Mantell <3

Damask_Rose
06.04.2012 , 05:35 PM | #4
This is the thread I saw on it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471614

I get so tired of all of the negativity on the general boards. It's a much better atmosphere over here in Story & Lore!

Unity 3d tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

JediElf
06.04.2012 , 05:50 PM | #5
Kitty Sith!

Kitty Sith!

This gonna be awesome!
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Roodbot
06.04.2012 , 05:53 PM | #6
YAY!

That is all.
Once you go tank, you never go back!

iamthehoyden
06.04.2012 , 05:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
This is the thread I saw on it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471614

I get so tired of all of the negativity on the general boards. It's a much better atmosphere over here in Story & Lore!
Lol, I'm not the only one who's noticed that. It's gotten to the point where if I have a topic I'd actually like to discuss I try to find a way to attach it to lore and story even if it wasn't originally meant to just cause I know if I put it in general it's going to get swallowed by the negativity.

Soooo...
Based on the skins they have for Aric already, I'm guessing we're going to have some pretty cool pelts to pick from. I'm thinking leopard would be fun.
---------------

Roodbot
06.04.2012 , 05:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Lol, I'm not the only one who's noticed that. It's gotten to the point where if I have a topic I'd actually like to discuss I try to find a way to attach it to lore and story even if it wasn't originally meant to just cause I know if I put it in general it's going to get swallowed by the negativity.

Soooo...
Based on the skins they have for Aric already, I'm guessing we're going to have some pretty cool pelts to pick from. I'm thinking leopard would be fun.
I can't wait to make a little lion man. He's going to look a lot like Urbax from the smuggler series on Coruscant... and be only my second male out of six.
Once you go tank, you never go back!

Gwena
06.04.2012 , 06:23 PM | #9
Double yay! I think Cathar is a great choice for a new playable species, and glad to see a thread about it here. ^^

I am super curious to see what options will be available for them too! If I can make one with a decent looking head of hair (I'm weird, I can't stand playing bald or near-bald characters, lol) I am totally making myself a kitty when they are released. Definitely saving a class/slot for one! And hopefully they will be unlockable through legacy too, like current species are.

Crossing my fingers for a lioness or snow leopard type of pelt! <3
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

iamthehoyden
06.04.2012 , 07:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
(I'm weird, I can't stand playing bald or near-bald characters, lol)
I'm the same way, pretty much the only race that hasn't made it past level 3 with me is Rattataki, although Twi'lek doesn't really appeal either. That said, I love bald (and nearly bald) men.

But if they have some actual hair for the females I'll be in good shape - if they had something a bit Cheetara-like I'd be even better.
---------------