Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Gidoru
06.04.2012 , 05:07 PM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by Sookster View Post
Really??? Most other classes has good defense or escape tools, PT has practically none other than a 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds on a long cooldown. The only other class I know has low suvivability besides PT is deception assassin and they have force speed and cloak and shroud.
Pretty sure i just told you that a list of defensive CD's does not prove anything, but you provided me with one anyway? Thanks.

iNeXxS
06.04.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1032
Let's look at the one AC that can't spec into a "Burst" tree, since Gidoru is so focused on that, That one class is a Sorc/Sage. Now, lets look at the damage a Sorc has. It's all consistent damage that may not kill you in a few hits but it will kill you with many small hits from DoT's in nearly the same time. This makes a Sorcs damage more supportive, while more burstier specs/classes like Pyro PT or Rage Jugg may get all the killing blows, the Sorc will still get very high damage and take part in killing everyone. My Balance Sage friend gets nearly 500k damage a game, does that class need a nerf too?

Don't forget it's the class with the most CC in the game to boot.
KAIO-KEN ... TIMES 20!!!
Kaio-ken Kamehameha of Jung-Ma | <Credit Shot>

Paulman
06.04.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1033
I don't think pyrotechs need a huge nerf, but I do feel like a number of classes need to be brought up to the level of marauder, pyrotech, assasin, juggernaught. They need to look more closely at all class abilities, and in particular the way they scale.

Nobody likes to have their class nerfed and all that these rounds of nerfs have done is twist the blade to an already dying game.

Noviru
06.04.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1034
Hey everyone,

Since this thread has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts, we will be closing it. If you would like to continue the discussion, please use the new version of the thread, located here:Thank you!