Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The ONE thing you could do to make me a 50% happier customer.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The ONE thing you could do to make me a 50% happier customer.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Philosomanic
06.04.2012 , 12:45 PM | #11
Well, new community team has done... absolutely nothing about this.

Additionally, I've found a second large bug with my class. The stance for one of our trees has a proc chance for 750 energy damage, but it's currently doing 1/3 of that. The stance proc is currently doing ~60 DPS against an ops dummy for me, which means I'm losing 120 DPS (huge!) on ops bosses. Considering that my current DPS is just under 800 (PvP-geared tank), that's a large drop.

When I posted about it on the Vanguard Forums, others assured me this bug has been around since launch, with no attention.
PvP Dacromir -- Vanguard -- Level 50 PvE
The Imp'Crusher Legacy
<Something Offensive>
The Bastion

AllisonBerryman
06.04.2012 , 03:39 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Philosomanic!

First off - while we do try to track high-priority known issues on the known issues list, not everything will end up there, though it doesn't mean we're not working on it! We often choose items for the known issues based on the volume of reports and complaints we're seeing, but they aren't the only things we're fixing.

I just asked the devs, and you'll be pleased to know that a fix for the slow effect you described is in the works! We have lots of fixes on the way, and we'll look into your other report as well - there may already be a fix in the works for it, too.

DarthTexas
06.04.2012 , 03:54 PM | #13
How is the sound randomly cutting out of the game and requiring a restart of the client to fix it not on the known issues list?

It is by far the most common complaint of folks in my guild, and yes I did submit a bug report the first day it appeared.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

Dastrum
06.04.2012 , 03:59 PM | #14
It's probably a low priority for most people but it would be nice if they fixed the myriad of bugged Codex entries. I like discovering stuff and completing the Codex list. I was also shocked to see how many titles there should be compared with the ones that are actually awarded in-game.

Unless of course they just took them out but who knows at this point, it's not on the known issues list.

AllisonBerryman
06.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
How is the sound randomly cutting out of the game and requiring a restart of the client to fix it not on the known issues list?

It is by far the most common complaint of folks in my guild, and yes I did submit a bug report the first day it appeared.
We did make a post about sound issues recently - here's what Amber had to say:

Quote:
Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o
Even though it may not currently be on the known issues list, we are very actively investigating and resolving various sound issues that have been reported. Make sure to check out the dev tracker for informational posts like this one (or our weekly dev tracker roundup on the blog if you prefer!).

Mautics
06.04.2012 , 04:16 PM | #16
Well I reported the sound bug - where sound cuts out in cutscenes, objectives in warzones, etc. and you have to restart the client to fix it. In response, the customer service rep told me it was probably my sound card or other hardware from my end. I reported this the first week after 1.2 was released and it's still not fixed.

It's from my end?! No, dude, I KNOW FOR A FACT IT ISN'T. When I report something, I do it so that you will fix it, not so that I can get an earful of how it is somehow, against all logic, my fault!
Jung Ma
Mautiks Mausani
Maverker Maverkor
Maurotzya

Kthx
06.04.2012 , 04:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
I share your pain. For over three weeks, the PTS (which is kept online during no testing times as well!) has been broken with the Evasion 'bug'.

Numerous threads and replies like this randomly placed and nothing.
First, congratulations on hijacking the thread, well done. Second, BioWare has explained clearly that the PTS is not supported the same way the live servers are. You should not expect fixes there until the next major update goes live.

Skylerr
06.04.2012 , 04:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mautics View Post
Well I reported the sound bug - where sound cuts out in cutscenes, objectives in warzones, etc. and you have to restart the client to fix it. In response, the customer service rep told me it was probably my sound card or other hardware from my end. I reported this the first week after 1.2 was released and it's still not fixed.

It's from my end?! No, dude, I KNOW FOR A FACT IT ISN'T. When I report something, I do it so that you will fix it, not so that I can get an earful of how it is somehow, against all logic, my fault!
Well... unless a large percentage of the population is experiencing the issue (haven't had the issue you describe on any of my computers... over very long sessions) then it likely is something on your end (logically). If you reported the issue, regardless of the CS response (which was probably canned, as would be expected in this case), it has been noted and dumped in to the relevant report for engineering. Job well done on your part.

The issue of where blame should lie with a technical problem can be complicated even after you clearly identify the root cause of the problem... sometimes something needs to change in the engine and sometimes Bioware needs to contact 3rd parties (AMD, NVIDIA, Realtek) to get them to fix their stuff. It just sounds like you (and others in this thread) need manage your expectations a smidge.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Mautics
06.04.2012 , 04:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylerr View Post
Well... unless a large percentage of the population is experiencing the issue (haven't had the issue you describe on any of my computers... over very long sessions) then it likely is something on your end (logically). If you reported the issue, regardless of the CS response (which was probably canned, as would be expected in this case), it has been noted and dumped in to the relevant report for engineering. Job well done on your part.

The issue of where blame should lie with a technical problem can be complicated even after you clearly identify the root cause of the problem... sometimes something needs to change in the engine and sometimes Bioware needs to contact 3rd parties (AMD, NVIDIA, Realtek) to get them to fix their stuff. It just sounds like you (and others in this thread) need manage your expectations a smidge.
Just because you don't experience the bug doesn't mean others don't. I know for a fact because other people in my guild were having this issue. A LARGE NUMBER of people have been experiencing this issue, and that is why I know that it not on my end. As a customer who submits a report, it is disheartening to hear "yeah it's your fault, this report will be disregarded as low priority" when in my eyes it's a huge bug that has persisted for several weeks.
Jung Ma
Mautiks Mausani
Maverker Maverkor
Maurotzya

Crixa
06.04.2012 , 04:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylerr View Post
Well... unless a large percentage of the population is experiencing the issue (haven't had the issue you describe on any of my computers... over very long sessions) then it likely is something on your end
My entire guild has this issue. My guess is that it is somehow tied to zoning from the fleet. If I am loading into warzones from the fleet, I can generally expect my sound to become messed up by the 4th or 5th warzone. Ditto for loading back into raids after a wipe etc. Last week we spent a couple of days taking our new members through all of the datacrons and someone pointed out that we'd been at it for hours without the sound bugging out. Could be coincidence, but I have to wonder if there isn't more to it.