Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Free Trial Members can not Chat"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Free Trial Members can not Chat"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jedimasterjac
06.04.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1
I have played this game since Early Release. And when my friend wanted to try the game, I thought the free trial program would let us play together. No, what I get is a friend's toon who can't chat, leaving no point in letting us play with friends! If you can't chat, you can't look for groups, strategize, hell, you can't even tell your friend you made this guy! This is absurd, and I'm not going to demand anything, just saying that I think they should either fix the Free Trial Program, or get rid of it. I understand they want people to buy it, creating 'freemium', but this isn't the way to go. I'd rather be limited to level 15 than limited to not being able to chat! BioWare, you've lost all other free trials from me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

jedimasterjac
06.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #2
Am I the only person that sees a problem with this? Or am I just the only person to try the Free Trial program for a friend?

Thekze
06.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #3

Anti_Bodies
06.04.2012 , 01:24 PM | #4
The free trial is for people to see if they like the basics/feel of the game. Trials/Demo's come with restrictions. He should just buy the game if he wants to truly play.

AllisonBerryman
06.04.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
In our Weekend Pass Free Trials and our Friend Trials, the players on the trial can't use General, Trade, or PvP chat, but they can use group chat, guild chat, whisper (and replies), and /say. If your friend is unable to use the channels they should be (as listed in the FAQ here: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400150), please let us know!

Dibdabs
06.04.2012 , 01:27 PM | #6
Use Skype.

reaperkeepet
06.04.2012 , 01:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
In our Weekend Pass Free Trials and our Friend Trials, the players on the trial can't use General, Trade, or PvP chat, but they can use group chat, guild chat, whisper (and replies), and /say. If your friend is unable to use the channels they should be (as listed in the FAQ here: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400150), please let us know!
What about Ops chat?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

jedimasterjac
06.04.2012 , 01:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Thekze View Post
I did. It was moved to here.

JollyRogers
06.04.2012 , 01:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Am I the only person that sees a problem with this? Or am I just the only person to try the Free Trial program for a friend?
You can thank all the gold sellers who, in the past and in other games, used "free trial" accounts to spam advertisements in chat channels, or use annoying methods to advertise their wares.

jedimasterjac
06.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thank you for this! I was unsure of the other chats, and now that I know I am very happy of this. Sorry to be of inconvenience. :/