Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New minimum requirements of what?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
New minimum requirements of what?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 06:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Axolipher View Post
Greetings vynnbast,

Open the file that has been produced in step 7, select the text and copy it. Please then begin a new post and past the information into it so I can read through it.

Thank You.
I pasted the Report in the box and pressed the spoiler button and it said the the post was too long and to reduce it down to 50000 characters.
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Axolipher
06.03.2012 , 06:54 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings vynnbast,

In this case I would recommend splitting the post up into two halves, posting the first half, then posting the second in another post. Don't worry about the spoiler tags if your having problems, I can put them in for you afterwards.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Romiz
06.03.2012 , 06:57 PM | #13
The end of 2012 they will change the min. standard. The only change will be removing Win XP since it will not longer be supported by Microsoft. Min. will then be Win Vista.

And maybe by then there will be intel 4100 graphics. That is the funny part they list a video card that does not even been made. The highest is 4000 and that is only a few months old.

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 07:00 PM | #14
Spoiler
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

vynnbast
06.03.2012 , 07:02 PM | #15
Spoiler
FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Axolipher
06.03.2012 , 07:03 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings vynnbast,

Unfortunately the minimum specifications listed here state that a dual core processor is required as part of the minimum specifications. The computer you have provided the report for has a CPU that is below these specifications, this is why you will be receiving the error code 7.

Thank You.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Romiz
06.03.2012 , 07:04 PM | #17
OP looked at your system and it is not even close to min requirement. Both the CPU and GPU are too weak.

The games since launch has required.
Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4000 Integrated Graphics or better (changed to 4000 since there is not 4100)

There is no way to upgrade that rig to lowest standard since you would need a new Case, Power Supply, Motherboard, RAM, CPU and GPU. By the time you change all that it would cost more than a new PC.

If you want to stay with Dell they are having a sale this week $400 off desktops. Here is a good option
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/s...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn