Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

repairing 8 files?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sutii
05.30.2012 , 09:37 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

To be able to troubleshoot the particular issue you're experiencing we need more information about the computer you are trying to run the client on. Please reply to this thread with a DxDiag report as well as a copy of your Launcher Logs. Instructions on how to obtain these can be found within the spoilers below.

Please post them within [code] [/code] or [spoiler] [/spoiler] tags.

DXDiag report
Spoiler

Launcher Logs
Spoiler

Thank you.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 09:43 PM | #22
Ok, I found something that works for me, donno if it will work for others.

In the TOR root directory, I went into the logs folder, and had a look at the most recent log. It showed the information the launcher left out, it was failing to install this one file. So, I got the file name went into the assets folder (from the TOR root directory) and deleted the ****er. Started up the launcher, and did a repair.

Gee, if only I had have planned ahead and only bought game time for specific dates, instead of watching you piss heads burn my *********** money. Nice release ******es.

Zor_Prime
05.30.2012 , 11:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Moromillas View Post
Ok, I found something that works for me, donno if it will work for others.

In the TOR root directory, I went into the logs folder, and had a look at the most recent log. It showed the information the launcher left out, it was failing to install this one file. So, I got the file name went into the assets folder (from the TOR root directory) and deleted the ****er. Started up the launcher, and did a repair.
Not working here. I have this:

Code:
2012-05-31 00:15:52 ERROR  Corrupt Source detected in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\Assets/swtor_main_area_corellia_1.tor
But the repair scan finds 7 files and it starts taking forever and a day to update. I guess I don't play today. And HD is good to go. I have nice app and data partitions and never have I seen a corrupt file (and comp. is about four months old).

The crazy thing is that repairing 7 files is going to take as long as it took to download the game. Looking through the files, I can't imagine what would take so long (this coming from a software developer...).
The Corsair
Hello? Anybody? (chirp chirp)....(chirp chirp)...

wairuakaha
05.30.2012 , 11:53 PM | #24
aaaaahhhhh the ever loveable instal / repair infinite loop soon after a patch not 7 days after the last intimate encounter ... an issue thats akin to a void out of which the only known escape is a random inexplicable fix that kicks in, in the background or an unorthodox work-around that has nothing to do with any assistance from the folks that serve this steaming pile on a glossy platter

welcome to the Launcher that shouldnt be

Ive encountered this game / play-blocking issue consistently since I first started playing this game with each patch, meaning pretty much a real risk of not being able to play a game I was paying for once a week.

These days, Ive stopped downloading the patch on my gaming rig, going straight to a beaten up laptop running windows xp which is now used as a glorified external disk to instal the latest patch on, then doing a copy - paste to my gaming rig. The whole laborious process takes far longer than downloading and installing directly to my gaming rig but I am for the first time spared the hair-pulling frustration of having to deal with this infernal instal/repair loop that plaques this game.

a joke is what this is!! guess who it is on?
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." - Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Sutii
05.30.2012 , 11:57 PM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Zor_Prime,

In order to resolve your issue could you please try to flush your DNS, instructions on how to do this are in the spoiler below, as well as following the steps outlined in our Connection Issues and Launcher Troubleshooting Guide threads.

Spoiler

If this fails to resolve your issue could you please reply here including a DxDiag report as well as your latest Launcher logs. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Thanks.

Zor_Prime
05.31.2012 , 02:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
Hello Zor_Prime,
(snip)

If this fails to resolve your issue could you please reply here including a DxDiag report as well as your latest Launcher logs. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Thanks.

Thanks Sutii. I just let it run overnight and it was ready to go this morning. Unfortunately, I had work so I didn't attempt to get in game. I will again this evening and we'll see what happens.

The "code" tagged information in my last message was copied and pasted directly from my log. Two more errors occur in the log entry and it appears they are simply the result of the first. In any case, I think everything was "repaired". I'll post back if not.
The Corsair

Zor_Prime
05.31.2012 , 10:03 PM | #27
Sutii, just to let you know, you may have been close with the DNS clear. While my system did repair the errors it found, this evening upon arriving home from work and firing up my system, my network card had fried itself (so to speak). It wasn't completely dead but was having about a 75% failure with 3s pings off *local* network hardware. I'm guessing that it was on its way out when I was patching.

Luckily, I have a stack of network cards laying around.

Thanks again for the response!
The Corsair

sinnaman
06.01.2012 , 06:37 AM | #28
I can confirm that we are receiving bad patch data from the patch servers. I had two different machines with SWTOR installed, and both failed when trying to patch and forced repair cycles to repair 5 files. It took an hour or more and the bar didn't hardly move at all, but it did finally download the correct files. I am absolutely sure it was the patch that was corrupted and don't care what the launcher log says. I missed my Ops run last night because of this glitch. Bioware needs to fix their servers, or publish a list of all patch servers in the US so that if my ISP's DNS limits me to resolving cdn-patch.swtor.com to only a couple of servers at least I can change it to different ones manually.
"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." - C-3PO from Star Wars - A New Hope

Sutii
06.03.2012 , 06:11 PM | #29 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Zor_Prime View Post
Sutii, just to let you know, you may have been close with the DNS clear. While my system did repair the errors it found, this evening upon arriving home from work and firing up my system, my network card had fried itself (so to speak). It wasn't completely dead but was having about a 75% failure with 3s pings off *local* network hardware. I'm guessing that it was on its way out when I was patching.

Luckily, I have a stack of network cards laying around.

Thanks again for the response!
It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved Zor_Prime, and that you have an abundance of network cards laying around. If there is anything else we can assist you with now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Take care and have fun playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Quote: Originally Posted by sinnaman View Post
I can confirm that we are receiving bad patch data from the patch servers. I had two different machines with SWTOR installed, and both failed when trying to patch and forced repair cycles to repair 5 files. It took an hour or more and the bar didn't hardly move at all, but it did finally download the correct files. I am absolutely sure it was the patch that was corrupted and don't care what the launcher log says. I missed my Ops run last night because of this glitch. Bioware needs to fix their servers, or publish a list of all patch servers in the US so that if my ISP's DNS limits me to resolving cdn-patch.swtor.com to only a couple of servers at least I can change it to different ones manually.
Hello sinnaman,

Should you encounter difficulties when patching, please do follow the steps I outlined in my previous post in this thread. Should the issue persist do not hesitate to create a thread detailing your issue and including your DXDiag and most recent Launcher Log so we can investigate further.

Thanks.