Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

abandoment issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

drreddog
06.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1
Hoping if someone can help me with this.

I am on Taris doing chained quest. I click to abandon the quest in hope to re-do the conversation to see what happens. Only to learn that I can't do that quest again and I can no longer participate in the chain of the quests. Makes me kinda sad, since it is one of my favorite story line.

Can we get a warning on quest that can't be reacquire to pop saying that only abandoning the quest you will no longer have the option doing it down the line? Thanks.

Smaois
06.03.2012 , 05:34 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings drreddog,

Please note that there is a pop up message to warn you that you may not be able to reacquire a mission once it has been abandoned.

However, if you believe this can be improved, please submit your suggestions by sending an email to support@swtor.com or posting in our Suggestion Box Forum.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

CJ_SAX_MAN
06.03.2012 , 05:37 PM | #3
This is an unusual mechanic for a game like this, I believe any quest should be reacquirable when abandoned. If it is halfway through a planet storyline, you should just be able to pick it up from whatever the last guy you talked to was and continue from there.

Loving these thread names: Exploding gear, Abandonment issues, sound like quest names, people have been questing way too much rofl

feel free to copy to suggestion box also lol
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030

Onyx
06.03.2012 , 06:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CJ_SAX_MAN View Post
This is an unusual mechanic for a game like this, I believe any quest should be reacquirable when abandoned. If it is halfway through a planet storyline, you should just be able to pick it up from whatever the last guy you talked to was and continue from there.

Loving these thread names: Exploding gear, Abandonment issues, sound like quest names, people have been questing way too much rofl

feel free to copy to suggestion box also lol
Part of the issue with the quests that can't be reacquired supposedly has to do with choices you make in other chains can affect how it unfolds. At one point you couldn't drop these quests at all but too many folks complained about out-leveling them and having them taking up space in their quest logs, etc. So they made them abandonable but now you can't get them again if you do that.

Hopefully a better solution than the current one will be implemented in the future though.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

wairuakaha
06.03.2012 , 11:46 PM | #5
I dont get it!

Why does it have to be such that it is either one extreme outcome or the other? Why cant players have a choice / the freedom to drop and pick up quests as it suits their individual needs. Im not an expert in developing MMORPGs but is that something thats too hard to develoop and incorporate.

I mean, from a layman's perspective thats one of the selling points of this game concept (i.e. MMORPG) - your BH is unlike or quite dissimilar to any other BH because of the individual choices you have made over the course of developing your toon unlike the usual cookie-cutter linear concept followed by games that are not MMORPGs.

Against that back drop why cant players pick up and drop quests as and when they choose to as the circumstances affecting their individual character ebbs and flows over the course of its development thru the levels - is that so hard to implement?

It will do away with something as crippling as the issue faced by the OP where an error of judgment made at a point in time derails an entire chain of quests which on certain planets like Taris, Belsavis, Balmorra (from the Empire side) can be pretty significant given how long some of these chains can be.

Something else about this game and the manner in which its been developed that leaves me puzzled
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." - Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic