Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account unreachable

MWJSTROEVEN
12.18.2011 , 09:11 AM | #1
Yes I know this is the 1000000th post about this, but my time is running out now and this is getting pretty ridicolous.

so I foolishly forgot my secret question's answer so I decided to call support. 2+ hours phone queue ofcourse. I can really understand that so I am noit going to rage about the phone tech support (hey, whadt did you expect with such an inmense volume of calls).

so I tried this via e-mail. the first reponse I got was the message that i needed to contact support by phone (sigh). because of this I missed my first 2 days of early game acces. a few days later I received an mail saying that if I send customer support an copy of my ID that they could reset my questions over the mail. so i did this and after 4 dayd i got a reply saing again *sorry you will need to contact customer support by phone* . (mega sigh.....)

so I sent an e-mail back and I qouted the mail I got from customer support earlyer telling me to send a copy of my id and that they could reset my questions over mail. After 2 days again I got a reply saying "we have resetted the security question on you're account. When you log on to swtor you will not be asked a security question and you will be able to change your security questions"

I thought to myself (YES!!!!!) however that enjoyable moment was short lived as I discovered that this did not work and when I wanted to log on it still asked me for the same security question.....

the 20th of december is closing in now and I have been trying for three weeks now to get my account acces back. I already missed a great deal of the early game acces and i really am beginning to lose my patience. i need to redeem my product code, but ofcourse i cant log in to my account because of the security question.

Is there somebody that can please help me i really dont know what to do anymore. i already tried contacting support by mail but this wil surely take another 4/5 days and by then it is already to late....

Thank you for you're time and many thanks in advance

Edit: I even had to make a new account to post this on the forums lol.

originial tocket ID = 1066081
e-mail= markstroeven@gmail.com

Xytek
12.18.2011 , 09:21 AM | #2
Dude.. same here.. it hasnt been a full day of my account lockout.. but im experiencing the EXACT same thing. I don't even REMEMBER being asked about a Freaking CAR and model!

I think this Security Question LOCKOUT web and game thing is STUPID. At least have a way to unlock it via email or web. I think they have 5 people on phones to service the entire globe.

Ticket# 1069398

Sgt_Pedro
12.18.2011 , 09:31 AM | #3
At least you guys get responses to emails. I have many, many hours on hold on the phone, and sent numerous tickets via their email system. No response to anything.

MWJSTROEVEN
12.18.2011 , 09:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xytek View Post
Dude.. same here.. it hasnt been a full day of my account lockout.. but im experiencing the EXACT same thing. I don't even REMEMBER being asked about a Freaking CAR and model!

I think this Security Question LOCKOUT web and game thing is STUPID. At least have a way to unlock it via email or web. I think they have 5 people on phones to service the entire globe.

Ticket# 1069398
The worst thing is that I actually got a reply after 3 weeks telling me they resettest it and it was just all the same. so or they did not do it correctly or they just did not do it at all. this is just ridiculous. there goes our early game acces.

I really hope they inprove their customer service. Ff this were any other game I did not hopelessly wanted yo play, id already quit this entire process and go play another game.

Xytek
12.18.2011 , 10:04 AM | #5
I'm close to doing just that. Funny thing.. ( or not so funny) I was on hold when i wrote my response, I had my iphone on speaker so i can do other things while waiting. I actually heard someone pick up, but when i go to answer it.. ****in SIRI pops up and wouldn't allow me to talk to th person, and they ended up disconnecting before i could say anything.. I almost threw the phone at the wall.. Now im back in queue again..

this is the WORST customer service path to solve this "problem". I don't think they EVER reset the questions.. or if they did.. it didn't work on all accounts. Why enact such a strick policy PRE-LAUNCH anyways? how about a good month after or something.. just stupid.

Ticket# 1069398

MWJSTROEVEN
12.18.2011 , 10:22 AM | #6
doh,

You gotta love iphones :P. well I think the only option is creating a new account and registering the product code to that one. farewell early game acces.... jeez what a letdown of this game. very dissapointed. Had expected so much better from such a big company.