Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any Tips or Tricks for Warlord Kephess's Baradium Bombers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Any Tips or Tricks for Warlord Kephess's Baradium Bombers?

Aszhalin
06.01.2012 , 12:38 PM | #21
Use a Powertech to grapple the bomber into the center of the raid as soon as it spawns.
GM of Might

NoFishing
06.01.2012 , 01:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEvilEeyore View Post
The way we have our dps use their cooldowns is as follows:
First set, this is the 2 minute cd's such as relics and such, of cd's burned after first bomber to get walker down as far as possible. we usually get him to ~55%.

Second set: third walker burn. Use your second relic or other shorter CD's here because you are gonna want them back for the next burn phase.

Third set: is for kephess sub 60%. this is a soft enrage here and you need him dead fast.
Never really had a problem with Kephess sub-60%...but I credit our tanks and healers for being really good.

Like you, our DPS focuses on the first time the walker is down with relics/adrenals/cool downs, and then again for the 3rd bomber. Don't use big attacks with long cool downs more than once on the two droids, because you will need those for the bomber. And all DPS should equip a clicky campaign power relic, rather than a passive damage one, for this fight.

EDIT: one more thing...we have one tank and healer pick up Kephess until the walker is down. The other tank picks up the bomber. It sounds like the OP may have both tanks pick up Kephess.

Andex
06.02.2012 , 07:02 AM | #23
You guys all have a healer that heals you while you kite Kephess around D:?!

My healers are ******es D:<.

That's not entirely true, but they do let me get pretty low sometimes. As an Assassin Tank, I always pull the first and second bombers to the middle, so that my DPS can beat the stuffing out of them. I also always knock him down and stun him on Hard Mode -- not because it buys us extra time before he explodes, but because I don't like eating the rocket to the face if I don't.

During the 3rd bomber, when Kephess has dropped down, I am the one that gets to kite him around. I pop my armor adrenal and my shield relic to soak up the first few seconds, allowing everyone but me to beat up the bomber. When Kephess leaps into the sky, I force sprint into the mix and throw out a Wither and Shock, then start running to wherever the red circle has appeared.

If I'm feeling particularly randy, I simply taunt Kephess and pull the bomber near my group, then run away with the boss. Everyone focuses fire on the walker after that, because our Marauder pops predation and I only get hit when Kephess jumps to me.
Raaxi Nimm
Backrocket Bastards
RP Swag, PvP Flagged

Nezrik
06.02.2012 , 07:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Styrka View Post
I don't know what classes you think can't "burst", but that's probably one of the reasons you're not killing it, along with taking five seconds to move.
this totally. if you have people that take 5 seconds to react and start dpsing them, you need new people.

Daimyon
06.02.2012 , 12:39 PM | #25
I'm an assassin tank on Kephess, but I off-tank. The main reason we are able to easily get the bombers down is Force Pull. There is also Grapple that you can use to pull it closer to the group. A few seconds before the bomber appears, I run to the middle of the room, some yards in front of the warwalker. All melee generally stack on where I'm standing. From there I just stare at the minimap to wait to see where the red dot appears. It took awhile to get the hang of which direction to turn, but now I can react and pull it within 2 seconds of it spawning, it gets pulled to the group and no time spent running towards it.