Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This oversight killed the game for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
This oversight killed the game for me

TheVoidStalker
05.31.2012 , 04:01 PM | #71
How would you get through the space station based missions anyway? How would someone be able to come on those?

dazednconfuzed
06.01.2012 , 03:47 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
That is all very nice but if the quests weren't bound by levels i would do them all in a row instead of having to wait and do planet quests meanwhile - i find a worthwhile trade to lose the "challenge" aspect of class quests (which i enjoy just like you) but not having to wait hours between each class quest. Its a systematic limitation, not a "challenge". There is nothing challenging about class quests apart from the odd, slightly overtuned, boss fight which are usually gimmicked (pillar kiting). The class stories lose some of the coherence because they get dilluted in the wash of the planet quests and pvp/plashpoints. Hence why i wanted to do them all in one go - its so much more fun, its like playing a different game.
This I can understand. I often feel the same way when questing in an area. Your class quests just kind of get merged in with the rest of the trash quests, and that doesn't give much continuity to them.

Besides, take the Jedi Knight for example.

Spoiler

When dealing with that is your mission, would anyone in that situation stop and talk to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wanted a favour of them, or would you press on with your (most vital) mission before
Spoiler

?
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

dupela
06.01.2012 , 03:58 AM | #73
lol so the OP wanted to be carried by a level 50 through his story missions only not do the rest - that sounds like someone who Doesn't enjoy the game to me - personally i found i was somewhat overleveled when i got to most planets so not really much of an issue - if you actually play the game ....

Path-x
06.01.2012 , 03:49 PM | #74
It is really simple logic behind this. If they let you just run through the class quests then you would be done with it in a day. After that you would get bored real quick and that is it. You might then cancel the subscription because there would be nothing left for you to do.

Now if they force you to do all the planet quests while doing the class quests you might get a bit bored too but at least in this situation there is a bigger chance that you will do it anyway just because of the class story. This way they ensure at least a month of subscription per character storyline.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Ellvaan
06.02.2012 , 02:40 AM | #75
Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. We have a few threads on this topic and ask that you please continue this discussion in the following:
Thank you!