Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ranid
06.01.2012 , 02:33 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
Its almost like there's a conspiracy to make more... conspiracies.
If there wasn't then sales would drop on tin foil hats.
Organ Harvester: "Are you deaf? I asked for Iridonian hearts! Not Rodian, Not Ithorian! Iridonian!"
Organ Harvester: "What do you want me to do, put them back?"

grezgorz
06.01.2012 , 02:58 PM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn
Someone said this sounds great? This is bad news my friend. They have not even finished INITIAL development on this. They still have testing, and bug fixing to go..... Means server transfers will not go live for many, many weeks yet. :-( (This system should have been worked on in BETA, not months after launch)

I'm not sure why you think that, as I wrote "We’ve just about finished up on the development side of things..." meaning that we're about to engage in testing.
Remember this is Bioware so it'll be like 1.2 where entering testing means it'll be copied onto the PTR and anyone who still bothers submitting bug reports will be ignored and everything will break on patch day then be haphazardly repaired with a series of emergency maintenance periods.

AlysonBridge
06.01.2012 , 04:44 PM | #383 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
Aww . I missed the 5 second Baby Tauntaun (Could I rename it to the Bridge Dance for a shorter (and easier) name? ).

If only I had known, I would have done it at work tonight (and get weird and confused looks from my coworkers) and it would have been awesome.

Same time tomorrow night?

Edit: We should totally record this in game and post a video here :-)
It was great. So good in fact, we extended it to 32-seconds. I think we should lengthen the name to: Baby Tauntaun 32-Second Dance-Off Dance Party for People Who Like to Dance like a Baby Tauntaun Fawn. Yeah, that name rocks.

We pumped up the jams and let out our "I sit in this chair for a good portion of the day" energy. And Ari from the Marketing team made a surprise visit to do the worm -- he was a little late to the party, but it worked to our advantage because we weren't dancing and could watch him flail around on the carpet.

Let’s do another one next Friday (6/8) at 5PM CDT. It feels so good move around when my brain starts frying near the end of the day.

Also, thumbs up to you creating a video showing us your in-game dance moves. Do it!

Jaavik
06.01.2012 , 04:49 PM | #384
I have a question for the Community Team,

As you can see there is a VERY vocal negative percentage of the community. To read the forums, you would believe that the game is, in fact, doomed.

I don't believe that. I think the game is in a holding pattern due to the lack of population on most of the servers, but I don't believe the game is doomed. So here is my question.

To get a finger on the pulse of the SW:TOR community. Can we institute some POLLS to engage the community here and get their voice (or vote) out there on more of the pressing issues of the community? One account - One vote, sort of thing? Maybe some kind of poll where people can vote on what features are of the greatest importance to us (other than the population issue). This would make it easier than sifting through all the threads to see if something has been discussed or opening multiple useless threads on the same issue?

I've seen people asking for Cross-server PVP and I've seen people speaking out against it. As I am actually NEW to the PVP aspect, I'm curious which is of greater importance to the community. Also features such as Chat Bubbles, Mentoring system, etc. I think it would be beneficial to US and to YOU.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

metalgearyoda
06.01.2012 , 04:53 PM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
I have a question for the Community Team,

As you can see there is a VERY vocal negative percentage of the community. To read the forums, you would believe that the game is, in fact, doomed.
This image shows exactly where swtor is.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Jaavik
06.01.2012 , 05:16 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
This image shows exactly where swtor is.
I hope Mary Meeker doesn't mind you giving out her email address like that... LOL
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

metalgearyoda
06.01.2012 , 05:20 PM | #387
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
I hope Mary Meeker doesn't mind you giving out her email address like that... LOL
She had it coming... she had it coming.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Tenceriker
06.01.2012 , 05:46 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Perfectcircle View Post
This^
Yet again, Bioware misses the point while some players care who is whom most of us just want answers of when content is coming. Anything else is just worthless static and fluff.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

JeramieCrowe
06.01.2012 , 05:48 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
Yet again, Bioware misses the point while some players care who is whom most of us just want answers of when content is coming. Anything else is just worthless static and fluff.
Even if they don't miss the point they still the point, amirite?
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Tenceriker
06.01.2012 , 05:50 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Even if they don't miss the point they still the point, amirite?
Oh hey, how is it going? You should run for community manager. You would fit right in.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?