Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Status

Red-Dwarf
06.01.2012 , 01:10 PM | #1
I know the PTS is currently down and an announcement was made it was going to be taken down to prepare for 1.3, but can one of you please ask the devs to confirm they want it down for this long?

I can't believe they plan to have live servers offline for 48hours or more to rollout 1.3 and if they are using PTS to test character transfers from those who have signed up they really should have the server online while they are doing that as they'll have to have the live servers online while they are doing it (and it's best to test as close to how it will be for live on PTS).

It is possible the devs haven't realised there is a small, but hopeful, test community who want to get ready for testing 1.3 and they are currently unable to get properly ready, if the server is off just to save electricity costs can you ask the devs if it's worth the small saving to risk losing the free resource of testers who are out here wanting to test.

If the server is offline for final testing internally as they've sold of internal servers that would make me happy, it would mean they sold servers rather than sacking anyone else and the reason I and many others test for free is to try and keep as many of you in employment as we can, so our discomfort at not being able to be ready is a small price to pay.

Thanks in advance for your help, if the server can't be brought up now can the last guy/gal to leave the office today turn the server on so we can get ready for 1.3 while you enjoy the weekend?

qAsandra
06.01.2012 , 01:14 PM | #2
Thank you Red-Dwarf, I was wondering about that myself.

Keymod
06.01.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
There is a 300MB patch on PTS. Maybe its 1.3
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

Mistress_Ivi
06.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Keymod View Post
There is a 300MB patch on PTS. Maybe its 1.3
It likely is, unfortunately, they seem to forget... the server is offline and they've not told anyone what the patch is. Terrible marketing strategy.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Keymod
06.01.2012 , 01:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
It likely is, unfortunately, they seem to forget... the server is offline and they've not told anyone what the patch is. Terrible marketing strategy.
The q&a is coming up and thats when they relase that sort of info.
DDE VIP

Onyx
06.01.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6
Any who know RedDwarf and Ivi know just how good they are at testing and how crucial an issue this really is. Hopefully BW will become aware of that too.

BTW, RD, check your PMs lol.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

SturmUndSterne
06.01.2012 , 04:29 PM | #7
First, they have to patch PTS up to 1.2.5, from 1.2.0, which is from what I understand where they left it.

Second, they have to patch it to 1.3. This probably involves about 24 hours of internal testing to make sure they didn't break anything colossal, like when they did 1.2a and accidentally deleted 3/4ths of 1.2.

Finally, they're likely in the process of hand-copying or double-checking (since the automated system isn't ready for rollout yet) all of the people's characters to the PTS that said they wanted to play on PTS. If they roll out the 1.3 update to PTS without all of the testers that said they wanted to sign up, there'd be no end to the QQing on this forum about "You didn't transfer my character I'm not important UNSUB" ...

Be patient. It'll be back up soon. They said (iirc) they wanted to put it up this weekend, and that starts .. well, now. Could be another few hours, could be a day or so.

Keymod
06.01.2012 , 05:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post
First, they have to patch PTS up to 1.2.5, from 1.2.0, which is from what I understand where they left it.

Second, they have to patch it to 1.3. This probably involves about 24 hours of internal testing to make sure they didn't break anything colossal, like when they did 1.2a and accidentally deleted 3/4ths of 1.2.

Finally, they're likely in the process of hand-copying or double-checking (since the automated system isn't ready for rollout yet) all of the people's characters to the PTS that said they wanted to play on PTS. If they roll out the 1.3 update to PTS without all of the testers that said they wanted to sign up, there'd be no end to the QQing on this forum about "You didn't transfer my character I'm not important UNSUB" ...

Be patient. It'll be back up soon. They said (iirc) they wanted to put it up this weekend, and that starts .. well, now. Could be another few hours, could be a day or so.
Where did they say they wanted 1.3 up on the PTS this weekend?
DDE VIP