Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Bioware Favor Empire

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jederix
06.01.2012 , 09:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
Unfortunately, it is this dissecting of any and everything that is said by BW guys no matter how innocuously it is meant that is restricting them from just being able to openly involve themselves in direct discussion with the player base. Pretty difficult to get involved in a conversation when you have a few thousand people all poised to twist and turn every word you say to support their many and various tinfoil hat theories.
Spot on. It should be stickied somewhere with the title "READ THIS: Before you complain about no communication on these forums."
Internet Forums. Where Grammar and Spelling go to die!

Graydon
06.01.2012 , 09:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
(I did nothing wrong)
I beg to differ.

WoodChipper
06.01.2012 , 09:23 AM | #23
Unfortunately, it is this dissecting of any and everything that is said by BW guys no matter how innocuously it is meant that is restricting them from just being able to openly involve themselves in direct discussion with the player base. Pretty difficult to get involved in a conversation when you have a few thousand people all poised to twist and turn every word you say to support their many and various tinfoil hat theories.
Bingo!
http://woodenfilms.webs.com/apps/videos/ -------- Wanna see epic online videos? This is the hot spot!

AllisonBerryman
06.01.2012 , 09:28 AM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We're always prepared for that to happen, but we don't want to let it stop us from participating where we can. Of course, we don't favor a faction (but if you notice a bug that might cause an imbalance, please do report it using the in-game tool!), and our Social Media Representative was just having some fun with the response.

Caspian_Rho
06.01.2012 , 09:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We're always prepared for that to happen, but we don't want to let it stop us from participating where we can. Of course, we don't favor a faction (but if you notice a bug that might cause an imbalance, please do report it using the in-game tool!), and our Social Media Representative was just having some fun with the response.
Then in that case I noticed a bug.... faction imbalance, not sure if you guys know, Imp channeled abilities going off before the 'mirrored' Republic ones. Looking at the quotes and the way you (BW) portray Rebels and Imps, to say 'we don't favour' is like Vader saying I don't like black..
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

InnerPieces
06.01.2012 , 09:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We're always prepared for that to happen, but we don't want to let it stop us from participating where we can.
Awesome!
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Phrase
06.01.2012 , 09:38 AM | #27
If anything BW favors the Republic more. I mean they made 2 cinematics (Hope and Return) from the Republic's point of view and only one (Deceived) from the Imperial point of view.

#tinfoilhat

Sixgun
Satele Shan

AllisonBerryman
06.01.2012 , 09:42 AM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
Then in that case I noticed a bug.... faction imbalance, not sure if you guys know, Imp channeled abilities going off before the 'mirrored' Republic ones. Looking at the quotes and the way you (BW) portray Rebels and Imps, to say 'we don't favour' is like Vader saying I don't like black..
We have already released several fixes for abilities that weren't precisely mirrored, and have more coming (such as an upcoming change for Project to bring it in line with Shock)! As I mentioned, please make sure you report any of these you notice with the in-game tool. Keep in mind that bugs are never intentional, and we actively work to address them!

NickM
06.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
If anything BW favors the Republic more. I mean they made 2 cinematics (Hope and Return) from the Republic's point of view and only one (Deceived) from the Imperial point of view.

#tinfoilhat
I know a lot of people have dropped their tinfoil hats in this thread, but I have to disagree with this.

Return was most definitely pro-empire. The two jedi in it get their asses handed to them pretty brutally. Satele's master couldn't even kill Malgus' master. Malgus did it. If Satele wasn't saved by canon, Malgus would have chopped her in two.

Even at the end, Satele and that trooper are fleeing for their lives from the sheer might of two Sith.

TarristerWelm
06.01.2012 , 09:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post

#tinfoilhat
Yes, two from republic perspective, but in two of them the repubs got slaughtered. The Hope trailer showed that it takes a soldier going kamikaze and a jedi going all out could only hurt a sith.
Tyran of Havoc Squad, "Why don't you swallow a grenade and do us all a favor."