Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mox parser malware

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lurchy
06.01.2012 , 05:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
Well your work probably will not allow you to tweak some other things on it that could be slowing it down. Antivirus software is usually not the biggest culprit.
Did you check with your Uncle before making this reply?
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

Pcolapat
06.01.2012 , 05:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
Did you check with your Uncle before making this reply?
Don't need to. I have worked at places who will not allow you to change power settings on your workstation, delete unecessary software, and other things like that. If your workstation is slow I don't doubt it, but I do doubt it is the fault of that virus software. I use it, and have no issues at all.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

icfnpwiked
06.01.2012 , 09:21 AM | #13
Just FYI my main account was suspended for a week because this is considered 3rd party by bioware.

AllisonBerryman
06.01.2012 , 09:24 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by icfnpwiked View Post
Just FYI my main account was suspended for a week because this is considered 3rd party by bioware.
It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!

icfnpwiked
06.01.2012 , 10:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
It is not our policy to take action against accounts for using DPS parsers. If your account was actioned in error, we strongly encourage you to contact Customer Service for investigation.

As a general public service announcement to everyone: you should always be cautious about what you install on your machine!
I have 3 times now and they refuse to investigate I get the canned response of "We have carried out a subsequent review and investigation into your complaint and in particular the actions taken on your account. We can confirm that your case was acted on correctly, in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Please note that we do not provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

We will not be pursuing this issue any further, and as such we consider this matter closed."

Ive gotten this 3 times. Mox Parser is the ONLY thing Swtor related installed on my machine Period.

snwmnx
06.01.2012 , 11:42 AM | #16
My uncle is the family computer expert and I asked him about this AVG virus software someone recommended to me. His reply was to not come to him when I got a virus. I went with Symantec Endpoint Protection like he suggested. I don't know if one is better than the other, but I like having someone around who can help me with computer problems.
Tell your computer expert to read up on Kaspersky and / or Eset and stop filling people's computers with garbage like symantec.

<on topic>
Mox Malware. /sigh
False. Positive.
</on topic>

Erasimus
06.01.2012 , 12:05 PM | #17
There are lots of decent AV programs out there, including some free ones.

I've used quite a few of them but have settled on Norton since that is also the one our corporation uses.

ESET and Kaspersky are fine although they usually rate below Norton, BitDefender and a few others. Most of the mainstream AV programs do a decent job.

The best defense is common sense.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Evironrage
06.01.2012 , 12:21 PM | #18
Microsoft essentials said it was golden. AVG said it was golden. I call false positive.
I don't discuss things as a committee, I don't care about a protocol droid's opinion, and I wish I had more time to get her excited

Iliac
06.01.2012 , 12:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by icfnpwiked View Post
I have 3 times now and they refuse to investigate I get the canned response of "We have carried out a subsequent review and investigation into your complaint and in particular the actions taken on your account. We can confirm that your case was acted on correctly, in full compliance with our policies and procedures.

Please note that we do not provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

We will not be pursuing this issue any further, and as such we consider this matter closed."

Ive gotten this 3 times. Mox Parser is the ONLY thing Swtor related installed on my machine Period.
If it helps, your not the only one that has had this experience. They refuse to provide any proof of a violation and say they researched it, but I expect it is similiar to the initial research that was done about the reports of a GM threating action against accounts for pvping on a pvp server.
"We live in a country that guarantees your free speech,
but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct"
-Neil DeGrass Tyson

KhaosKlown
06.01.2012 , 01:27 PM | #20
My uncle is the family computer expert and I asked him about this AVG virus software someone recommended to me. His reply was to not come to him when I got a virus. I went with Symantec Endpoint Protection like he suggested. I don't know if one is better than the other, but I like having someone around who can help me with computer problems.
No offence to your uncle but using Symantec on a stand alone Desktop is a bad idea, especially on older systems. The resource footprint of Symantec is HUGE. It can be done in a corporate environment because it uses a Server-client model allowing most of the resource intensive work to be offloaded to the server (Updates, Active Scanning, Email Scanning). In a home environment this all has to be done by a single system and the slow down is not worth it