Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No crits in 37 attempts??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
No crits in 37 attempts??

Kharnish
05.31.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1
Is this a common occurrence or am I just extremely unlucky? At this point, I have wasted far more mats than an augmented item is even worth. I have read on these forums that I should have at least 15% crit chance, more with maxed affection/companion bonus... but from what I have experienced, that is simply not the case. Is there some trick I am missing to actually get an augmented lightsaber?

Spaj
05.31.2012 , 08:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnish View Post
Is this a common occurrence or am I just extremely unlucky? At this point, I have wasted far more mats than an augmented item is even worth. I have read on these forums that I should have at least 15% crit chance, more with maxed affection/companion bonus... but from what I have experienced, that is simply not the case. Is there some trick I am missing to actually get an augmented lightsaber?
If its the elegant one it will be 15% with a maxed companion. (10% base for orange difficulty + 5% companion)
No trick in your case bad luck.

I've just had a bad streak myself not as bad as yours though. 18 purple implants @ 20% before i gave up.
Shanque

scullzomben
05.31.2012 , 08:11 PM | #3
Heh, trying to crit a Augmented Double saber for my friend.

It took me 81 attempts.

You have no idea how much money I spent ><

Angel_of_Cain
05.31.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4
Glad i'm not the only one.....
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
The community itself ended any chance at open world pvp by rolling imperial in mass.

kaboro
05.31.2012 , 08:51 PM | #5
Is this a common occurrence or am I just extremely unlucky?
Yes and yes, being "extremely unlucky" is "common occurence" in swtor.
Is there some trick I am missing to actually get an augmented lightsaber?
Yes you are missing the trick of understanding that you should ignore any number that comes before a "%" sign.
The number is there just for confusion (and frustration) purposes.
You are also failing to understand that everything related to crew skills is messed up Bioware style.
I think hell will freeze over before Bioware manages to create a halfway decent crafting system.
Take this silly half arsed craft system for what it is or leave it, thats it in a nutshell.

Blackardin
06.01.2012 , 06:55 AM | #6
Is this a common occurrence or am I just extremely unlucky? At this point, I have wasted far more mats than an augmented item is even worth.
You've identified the entirety of the problem with crafting.
May the Schwartz be with you....