Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wolfmith
06.01.2012 , 02:51 AM | #271
HELL YEAH !! Finally !!! You guys probably must have read some of my posts regarding communication between your side and ours so, you know how I've waited for this to happen !! I can't wait to know who's going to be responsible for the PvP community I'll be following every step he'll make xD

Sad no one of you plays Sorcerer.... You fail to experience the true power of the Dark Side! just messing around, now to serious matters:

first, I suggest you to change dev tracker if you're going to be active on the forums something more.... structured, organized, I dunno, scrolling down dozens of posts searching for the information we want to know (PvP, Crew Skills, Space, you know this better than me) might become hard.

second, how are you going to handle forum organization ? I've only recently took active role on the forums (as I've said somewhere, when things are going on the right direction, people don't come to forums and play the game, when things aren't so good, people come here complaining that's my bet on why there's so much whining) but I see an huge number of posts regarding the same thing, posted by different people (I've done it myself). I noticed you started to close threats and redirecting people to the threats. Are you planning on changing the subsections structure of the forum so people can search for what they want faster? I mean, I need to try to guess by posts title (and there are some that don't say nothing at all about the threat) if it will be referring to something I want to know...

third, how will the policy regarding future updates on the game and communication with us? Will you remain almost silent about what features are you thinking about implementing ? I know it's good to surprise costumers and I've already posted my thoughts about this regarding PvP so I won't extend here, but (that's only my opinion and it counts for what it is) I couldn't care less about Legacy (with all the insane prices I still haven't bought anything) when Ranked isn't deployed. Could be that the people developing Legacy don't know how to implement Ranked, I don't know. Will you ask for our opinion on some developing features ?

forth, I've seen you're going to sticky posts with news so everyone can read them, but I still think I shouldn't hope some costumer who follows twitter to have the kindness to come here sharing important details that are posted there. Not to mention 3rd party interviews but those are harder to miss.

finally, I have no idea why pools aren't allowed anymore, as someone said on a post this week, some people see topics and just don't give their opinion because they don't want to write an answer. Giving a vote is a lot easier. Even if the pools were made by you, allowing to figure out the general community feelings about some hardly discussed topics (I've been on some regarding RWZs and if PuGs should or shouldn't be allowed to queue for them just as an example) so it could be more controlled. I've seen an interesting topic on PvP asking for people to vote for their favorite WZs in order. It's funny to see that generally people like the WZ that requires faster reactions and it's the only one where DPS/Healing/Tanking isn't the most crucial aspect of winning or loosing. But the threat poster needs to have a huge work to see every single reply and update the threat. So, there are advantages on pools but for some reason unknown to me, they were removed for us. Will any of this change ?

Thanks for reading everything (I read every single one of your posts here so I think were even ) and let's make this game the epic game it has the potential to become!
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

Tiaa
06.01.2012 , 03:27 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by EricCampbell View Post
Nope.

The Sorcerer may have *more* lightning than I do, but there's no way I'm giving up my double-bladed saber. It also doesn't mean I don't use Shock, Force Lightning, or Electrocute every chance I get.

\m/ 0.0 \m/
I felt that too but that is exactly why weapon restrictions need to go away.

Especially for saber users. Should really be able to use any saber you want.

Anyone that played Jedi Knights: Academy know what I am talking about.

vandana_
06.01.2012 , 03:35 AM | #273
Hello new Community Team.

Hopefully, the changes you made will indeed have a positive impact on how developers are able to respond to the community needs. Unfortunately, I am in the camp that believes that Bioware developers can't handle the task of running a big MMO and no amount of PR will change that.

I'm sorry - I know you guys from Community Team are excited to make things better but I honestly believe that you will have a hard time due to how developers of this game work. I have already accepted the fact that I have to play mediocre MMO just because I love Star Wars and have friends in the game.

I also dare to have a first task for you. There is an excellent, constructive post in Suggestion Box, one of top viewed ones although relatively young one. There has not been a single dev response to that thread. It's about the very foundation of your game - engine. Please ask a developer to constructively respond to this thread. Please ask them not to give a one line "We are working on that" response as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=427878
V'ox

Timtimbot
06.01.2012 , 03:43 AM | #274
OMG I'm Finally Home! So I woke up today to go to work for 5pm est an I ALWAYS read the forums omw to an while on break at work an I have been laughing an happily entertained all night. I work 5 pm to 5 am 5 days a week and sometimes Sunday night. I play an Imperial Agent (Sniper AC) an I'm level 48 on The server "Kinrath Spider" named Timinis. Now I have toons on others servers (The Swiftsure because of the Populations peak times) but not The Fatman. First I'd like to say to Courtney Woods....Is Pa-chow something you regularly say? I would have sued Pis-ku (like a laser) being snipers an all ^_^ I do it all the time lol. Down to business, I wish you to Highly reconsider the time spent on dwelling an revisiting the idea of the server specific forums. With my schedule an people like me it is imperative to have quick an easy access to our server out of the game. That is just my reason some others are Organizing events, guilds, static party's, World boss downing, The list goes on for reason we need Server Based Faction separated forms after things smooth out in the future with transfers an there after.
Thank you and Welcome graciously to the community

p.s. If the paying customer is God to the profitable video game industry, does that make you our voice an the dev's hand our will? lol I don't know thought of it last night ^_^
Kirby's Dance Party
p.s.s if you have to cut some of the message out to reply I'm so fine with that <( " " )> (> " " )> <( " "<) <( " " )>
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Specific server forums is something we will very likely revisit in the future. No promises, but we definitely hear feedback regarding them.
Do, or do not...There is no try

evilebob
06.01.2012 , 04:23 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Alaskangeek View Post
Ok, so if this community team is really here to listen and do something for the community...listen up!

We really need transfers!
Put 1.3 on hold and have the whole dev team just work on that.

I plan to be here until the end, but even I'm wondering why I should continue to pay $15/month for a single player RPG?

"It's coming" "We are working hard on it" does not give the community hope...deadlines do.

Of course the response will be "we'll tell you when we can tell you." In the mean time, the un-sub counter keeps rising cause the community has nothing to look forward to, except, "checks in the mail! No really it is!"
^ this * 1,000. For the love of god I don't care about any features of 1.3 that I couldn't wait months for and more.... I really really just want to play an mmo... you know... with people.

Azagth
06.01.2012 , 04:34 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o
Here is the detail :
- Try leave WZ when you are in hutball and while Baron deathmark speaking.Some sound channels volume are decreasing except menu open sound etc...
- Sith Assassin discharge sound bug still exist.
PS: Probably you decreased sound channels to 32 or something imo. Increase it again!

robjossa
06.01.2012 , 04:38 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by EricCampbell View Post
Nope.

The Sorcerer may have *more* lightning than I do, but there's no way I'm giving up my double-bladed saber. It also doesn't mean I don't use Shock, Force Lightning, or Electrocute every chance I get.

\m/ 0.0 \m/
great to see bw start caring about the community and getting involved... u guys seem to have really stepped to the plate so once again great job ... although i'm getting lonely on my sever really hope the transfers some out soon gets kinda boring staying on the fleet trying to get a q. but once u guys do that ill be very happy with the game the group finder is a bonus in my books lol just want ppl to play with

question about your assassin what spec did u go with i have and alt around lvl 25 and was wondering what spec u use and why. u said use shock and force lighting and electrocute every chance u get so im guessing your a dps spec but i also herd the assassin tank spec is pretty offensive. oh an by the way thank u guys sooooo much for the weekly pvp comm upgrade finally able to get some wh gear on my mara. anyways good job keep it up and please release the date of 1.3 asap
every time i queue i fell like scissoring my head off bc i know ill wait atleast 30 mins 4 a game

robjossa
06.01.2012 , 04:43 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiaa View Post
I felt that too but that is exactly why weapon restrictions need to go away.

Especially for saber users. Should really be able to use any saber you want.

Anyone that played Jedi Knights: Academy know what I am talking about.
really cool idea wonder how that wold work on a mara ... think its a good idea but what about other classes like smugglers and bounty hunters they would feel kinda left out .... any ideas as to what they would get? i guess u could had new guns. but anyways that most likely wont happen for along time but really cool idea
every time i queue i fell like scissoring my head off bc i know ill wait atleast 30 mins 4 a game

Fenshire
06.01.2012 , 05:04 AM | #279
It's great to meet the Community Team! Joveth, excellent choice in Scoundrel. Also my favorite class.

I love SWTOR and Bioware, and looking forward to many years of gaming with you guys!
The Trust
The Department of Energy
| Explorer: 67% | Socializer: 67% | Killer: 53% | Achiever: 13% |
Take two kolto packs and call me in the morning!

jibboo
06.01.2012 , 05:22 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o
Thank you, Amber.