Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Promotion now expanded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Promotion now expanded
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cloverman
04.25.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1141
Seen a lot of people on my server with their pets, still no email/pet/game time.

"Sign up to receive Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ updates by email" setting is ticked... billing set to renew for the first time today (purchased game in NZ last month, character and legacy level requirements were both met before the promotion end-date).

Still fearing that I'm not considered to have an active subscription on the basis that my first sub renewal hadn't come up yet (until today)... again, this was not stipulated; only that an active subscription be set up, which it is/was (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to play at all!).

I'm hoping I get to eat my hat later today with the fulfillment of these rewards...

**HAT = EATEN.**

Eldzsiah
04.25.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1142
Hello!
I just want to say thank you for this! I hope you will stay on this way and the team will show your fans in the future too as like now, why we like your games and the company!
I know many people doesn't show patience for your work, but the otheres yeah! Those ppl who cant say any builder critics or just are crying on the forums... They only the peak of the iceberg! So! Just do it like this longer!
The force be with you and us!

CygnusMX
04.26.2012 , 03:16 PM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by genesiser

You know, I see a lot of people saying why they don't like this game and how things can be improved, all of which has been said time and time again. And to those of you that don't enjoy playing the game, do what myself and two friends did. We cancelled our sub and I come back to the website every other week to see what's going on. The only reason I can post right now is because of that free month that got added to my account, which I used to log in, check out the legacy system, and logged out and that was it.

Orange quote from a different thread.
So much for consoleing level 50s or legacy 6 free 30 day promo.As if anyone actualy needed consoling,people quit they quit, take care of consistant subscriptions.
I stated in a different thread that the 30 day promo BS was misguided,and that the people who had unsubscribed would unsubscribe after 30 days.
leaving subscribers with unbroken subscription pissed off and begin debateing as to wether or not they will cancel or give themselves a free month.
Nothing against the guy above me, we all have the freedom of choice as to how we game.

MN_Ambrose
04.26.2012 , 09:03 PM | #1144
Yeah, I got shanked... I canceled my auto renewal earlier in the month - before the Legacy patch. Despite the fact that I was still active when Legacy was rolled out, had 1 level 50 and legacy level 16, I got nothing. Oh well; I was getting tired of submitting 2 or 3 bug reports a week, anyway.

Festeezio
05.07.2012 , 11:37 AM | #1145
Thanks for nothing. I have the pre-order crystal, but because I don't play as often as others, I am worthless to them. I mean this whole plan is genius:

- People are leaving when they hit endgame so what should we do?
- Well, let's give them a free month so they can grow even more tired of the game, and we'll get nothing in return.
- Sound like a plan to me!

Blueplain
05.08.2012 , 06:03 AM | #1146
I did not get the 30 days free because I have charecters across different servers. If thoese said charecters were on the same server I would of qualified for the free 30 days. So I am being punished for wanting to play the different server types. Thanks biowere my play time runs out tommorow and I dont have the money for this months sub. So my friends will now get ahead of me and I wont be able to play anymore. So goodbye everyone been great playing while it has lasted. I might see you in GW2 or TSW

Tiaa
05.08.2012 , 06:21 AM | #1147
This was good that they did this.

Forgot to say that.

Ziso
05.08.2012 , 06:29 AM | #1148
Quote: Originally Posted by CygnusMX View Post
It looks more like the promotion was a mistake no matter how they worded it.
The words arent broken,The promotion is.
The mistake cannot be reversed,rewording it isn't going to fix a thing.
I doubt they pull a promo like this again.

However If you were not rewarded as being an active subscriber.
Because:
A. You like to craft
B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons
D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP
E. You socialize in game.... MMO?
H. Spend time upgradeing companions.
I. Spend time organizeing your Guild
J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market.
K. Farm for crafting materials.
M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly.
N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for.
Just about sums me up lol.
Was in pre release, made 2 accounts (my error, thought you could only have 1 faction per account and needed characters in both factions of our guild), played weekly since, about 20+ hours a week min, have level 32 on 1 faction till switched to other faction (guild needed me more there) and now gone from level 10 to 50, hit 50 last weekend, done dailies for 1st time but didnt get the promotion.
No worries though tbh as my error with 2 characters (only have 2) on different accounts but your post just sums up my gameplay

Malkosis
05.09.2012 , 03:48 PM | #1149
Quote: Originally Posted by Blueplain View Post
I did not get the 30 days free because I have charecters across different servers. If thoese said charecters were on the same server I would of qualified for the free 30 days. So I am being punished for wanting to play the different server types.
I'm in the same boat. I have friends who play but spread out across different servers. As a result, I have a total of 15 characters I play (and have re-made several of them) but none of them are high enough level to qualify for this free game time "reward". Well, I guess pre-ordering the upgraded Digital Deluxe copy of the game and having an active subscription since launch isn't worthy of receiving free game time all because I didn't level fast enough. I'm not very pleased, to put it mildly.

Shaggggy
06.01.2012 , 04:26 AM | #1150
All said and done, the 30 day give away is not legal IMO as it's based solely on leveling, that is 'discrimination' as the game openly promotes exploration and time consuming crafting/gathering/guilds/datacrom hunting/create several characters/PvP/RP servers etc that has not suited many players it seems?

You could get into trouble Bioware for this and you could get stuck with plaintifs costs as well, that'll be alot of cash if ppl bring legal action singlulary not to mention the 30day free subs, possible damages etc. You need to sack your legal team imo, you didn't even give away free double xp to try and get it sorted

I think it would have been more advisable to base the promotion on hours played and not on ppl's gaming style,