Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who won the Cold War? (SWTOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who won the Cold War? (SWTOR)

Fyurii
05.31.2012 , 05:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
half of the dark council are killed in the game alone.
that and the emperors death along with malgus and thye dismantle of imperial intellgance id say for now the republic is winning.

however as i have said before id look at this game as the new hope of the franchise, everythings all hopeful for the republic now but the Sith will strike back.
Spoiler
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Akilus
05.31.2012 , 11:51 AM | #22
This is just a theroy of mine so it is not really canon so no spoilers for anyone
Well I think if
Spoiler
then maybe this is how it ends? The Empire and Republic has been fighting for 3 years now and they suffered too many casualities so the Empire and the Republic step down from the war because of a lack of supplies and soldiers, if this DOES happen then maybe we find out what happens next.

Ranadiel_Marius
05.31.2012 , 03:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Akilus View Post
This is just a theroy of mine so it is not really canon so no spoilers for anyone
Well I think if
Spoiler
then maybe this is how it ends? The Empire and Republic has been fighting for 3 years now and they suffered too many casualities so the Empire and the Republic step down from the war because of a lack of supplies and soldiers, if this DOES happen then maybe we find out what happens next.
Ummm if they have been fighting for three years then the cold war has been over for three years. A cold war is a war where there is no fighting(at least officially) any military action is done through proxies.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Rastadrian
06.01.2012 , 04:13 AM | #24
The Republic eventualy will win the war , what we have to found out is , at what price?

For example in 1500 B.Y we know that a sith Lord stepped on Tythoon and she was alone on the planet , this would possibly indicate the Republic loosing Tythoon over the Empire.

Another example , in MotS , when Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn step on Kass , there's nothing there , possibly implying that Kaas City got Destroyed by Republicans.

This doesn't mean that all the sith were killed , look at the Lost Tribe in FotJ , they survived for centuries.
Maybe the survivors will go explore the Unkown Region and get destroyed by te Y.V ( )

AgustinSarro
04.07.2014 , 03:16 PM | #25
Eventually the Republic will win. If the Sith had won by defeating the Republic completely, they would still be ruling and there wouldn't be the movies, even if this happens thousands of years before, but who knows the Empire ruled for centuries... Logically the Empire should fall, and the Republic prevails.

DarthDymond
04.07.2014 , 03:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AgustinSarro View Post
Eventually the Republic will win, otherwise the Sith Empire would have appeared in the movies. And yes, the Republic on the movies is the same as the Republic here... So there's the answer. Originally the Republic is to win and the Empire falls, but since Bioware is too "creative" they will eventually end the game as Star Wars Galaxies did: having 2 endings according which side got more Warzone victories lolol.
Two year necro?

Impressive... most impressive.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 03:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Two year necro?

Most impressive is also the fact he claims the Republic seen in the movies is the one seen in the game, which is mostly UNTRUE.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Agent Madel Felth, Imperial Intelligence
If we mourned every conquered planet, we would NEVER have become an Empire.

AgustinSarro
04.07.2014 , 03:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Most impressive is also the fact he claims the Republic seen in the movies is the one seen in the game, which is mostly UNTRUE.

The Galactic Republic was the ruling government of the galaxy that existed for more than 25 thousand years, until the establishment of the first Galactic Empire in 19 BBY. Throughout its existence, the state was commonly known as the Republic. In the post-Republic era and beyond, it was remembered as the Old Republic; it was also rarely known as the First Galactic Republic. At times, the term Old Order was used to describe the Republic.

AgustinSarro
04.07.2014 , 03:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Two year necro?

Why are you here then? I can post on whichever forum I want bro. If it's too old for you then tell devs to close it, otherwise why is it still open?

DarthDymond
04.07.2014 , 03:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AgustinSarro View Post
Why are you here then? I can post on whichever forum I want bro. If it's too old for you then tell devs to close it, otherwise why is it still open?
I'm here because I was impressed... I thought I said that already?
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain