Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oddzball
05.31.2012 , 05:58 PM | #231
Hey actually i have one you could take back to the Devs for me.

What happened to chat bubbles?

They worked in beta, now they are sadly gone. I very much miss chat bubbles.

Zarozanya
05.31.2012 , 06:16 PM | #232
IDK what the hell you guys did to the game today but i could not log on. the logon server was down , i called customer support and got some guy i could barely understand telling me i had to uninstall and reinstall the game 0.0 ... so now instead of me being able to have loged on @ 3m east coast usa i am stuck in 11 gig update for god knows how long. wen it WAS A PROBLEM ON YOUR END. and now my pics are gone my interface settings are gone. and im not able to play during peek play time , hell the way i see it this is a 100k loss and 1 - 2 levels set back. inexcusable if the people you have answering the phone have cranialrectumitus please keep them away from the phones...

EricCampbell
05.31.2012 , 06:17 PM | #233 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudmink View Post
I like this thread. It's nice to get to know our Community Team!

And /highfive to Eric! Sith Inquisitor all the way
Thanks! All my friends know there was no way I would have chosen anything else as my main, haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
Just a question, there is 2people in your staff without AC (Eric Campbell as inquisitor and Eric Musco as trooper). Does that mean they play both AC, they are still trooper/inq at lvl 50 (quite the challenge IMO), or they are still on the first planet ?
Another one, do you guys play the server we use, and are "undercover" inside some guild, not saying they are part of the staff, but enjoying the game the same way we do (like Eve online staff), or do they have a special guild (like GW staff) ?
Easy answer from me - Sith Assassin. Throwing lightning at everything in my path and raining mass destruction down on my enemies is far too much fun. As for my guild? They have no idea who I am. ^_^

alifaraaz
05.31.2012 , 06:22 PM | #234
Regardless of what some may say this can definitely be a good thing if they really start communicating with us and not just to us.

People constantly complain that BW don't communicate enough. You can't expect the devs to talk much to us, as they are busy people. But we do expect you community staff to talk with us

I know many of us customers are ignorant and rude at times, and often unreasonable. But there are also many of us who are patient and enjoying the game. Furthermore this rudeness from many customers is purely because many are frustrating because we want the game to improve.

I hope you guys talk with us more and look forward to future updates
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

iamthehoyden
05.31.2012 , 06:28 PM | #235
May I just say, this level of communication is marvelous. Making more of a personal connection with the community will go a long way towards alieviating the "is silence a good thing?" debates that keep popping up. (Obviously it doesn't fix everything and some will never be satisfied, but it is a excellent step forward.) So thank you for keeping the developer tracker rolling today, it's been much appreciated.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

madmikeyb
05.31.2012 , 06:34 PM | #236
Awesome another community manager that reply's the first couple days then will disappear when actual problems or questions arise. Seriously about the only time anyone ever responds to a post BESIDES, the ones introducing new community people or pr is to close a thread or move them. With EVEN less people staffed at bioware I am sure they will be even more involved in the community...... Almost any game gw2, firefall, secret world and even WOW had people that would respond to questions on forums, that is non existent here. Oh wait Q&A...now every other week. One of the big reasons why a lot of my friends stayed away from the forums they WERE(were as in dead severs so they left) irritated with bioware NO COMMUNITY INTERACTION.

Omne
05.31.2012 , 06:42 PM | #237
Quote:
Community Coordinator Eric Musco, as mentioned above, will act as the community liaison to fan sites and guilds. In addition to that, he will be coordinating our presence at any upcoming shows. He is currently playing as a Trooper.
I really appreciate the post. As a Guildmaster, I was curious as to what is intended for interacting more with guilds.
Old Republic Dads
The Shadowlands Server

CE Edition

Tentou
05.31.2012 , 06:48 PM | #238
Quote:
Easy answer from me - Sith Assassin. Throwing lightning at everything in my path and raining mass destruction down on my enemies is far too much fun. As for my guild? They have no idea who I am. ^_^
Sure you don't mean Sorcerer?
/* Tentou/Tangier/Shock - Consular/Sorcerer */
/* Port Nowhere->Pot5->Shadowlands->Satele Shan */
/* PvE - <Condemned> || PvP - <Casual> || GSF - Gunship */
/* http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/160...90/23/7o3o.jpg */

Crawelc
05.31.2012 , 06:51 PM | #239
He plays the lol self healing Sin. NERF NOW. JK haha
Imprimis
All Imprimis All the time.

xorcist
05.31.2012 , 07:01 PM | #240
Well, I personally can only see positive things developing from this idea. As you can see from my join date which by the way I was lurking around weeks before deciding to create an account, am sticking with this game to the end. There are some aspects I wish were different in game, however I can not go back to those other MMO's. They don't fill the void that this one does. Simple as that. Good to meet you all!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."