Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
05.31.2012 , 02:52 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by BoMbY View Post
Since 1.2 there many bugs related to sound, for instance sometimes (for some people almost always) there is no voice or warning messages in warzones.
Oh that small bug. That only happened in a conversation with NPC's for me. I think that problem stopped for about a month ago; guess I got lucky.

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 02:53 PM | #172 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
I feel like this may have been buried quickly and while I know I am not entitled to an answer because I am not rainbow jebus I would like one :X... Yeah... Spoiled I know.

One poster asked something similar and got a "we would sticky something a poster would make" is that a "no" to handling your own compilations?
Expecting us to stay on top of what the collective "you" says is no small feat (and we wouldn't be getting paid to do so).
You're not being ignored! This is actually a good thought. One idea that we have brewing is to gather all of the week's news articles in a single sticky and post them in General Discussion. Of course, we also have the Q&A Archive that collects all of the questions and answers from our weekly Q&A blog here.

Actually let me see who has the bandwidth to get started on this project from our team...

...also rainbow jebus?

AlysonBridge
05.31.2012 , 02:56 PM | #173 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Very nice, and grats to Eric Musco. You came along way from hosting the Torocast podcast.
And you sure know how to talk fast,and you understand gaming on a high lvl.

But i wish you all the best(even thou you give me warnings and infractions)
BTW get Allison to dance on the next E3 again,she knows how to party hoaa
It's all about the baby Tauntaun 5-second dance party. We should all have a Tauntaun dance-off at 5PM CDT today. Get out of our chairs, turn up the volume for 5-seconds and move like we mean it! Who's with me?

Carba
05.31.2012 , 02:58 PM | #174
I have a somewhat different take on the events under discussion. These events indicate to me that the Community Managers have no clear metric of "community" to guide them. So, they wing it. By metric, I mean a set of measurable indices by which Bioware can determine if a given action will increase or decrease community cohesion. It is very clear that a host of design and operating decisions for SWTOR have undermined community cohesion. (Its a much broader topic to explain all the ways this occurs both intentionally and unintentionally.) Viewed in this light the Hoth/GM/PvP dispute is a clear illustration that the GMs involved had little or no insight into how their actions would negatively affect community cohesion. Furthermore, by writing it off as merely a mistake warranting an apology, Joveth missed an opportunity to explain to the community why this event is so important. Either he does not understand the importance or he lacks a metric to measure how his actions and those of the GMs in question affect community cohesion. Integrity matters in real life and in communal games. There are validated methods of developing metrics both in real life communities and in virtual communities that might go a long way toward giving Bioware a firm handle on measuring community cohesion and conforming design and operational decisions to increasing the cohesion that is necessary for growth in a communal game. Do a search on "Sense of Community" and "Sense of Virtual Community" for a few papers on the matter. Or email me and I can start you with a reading pack.
Carba

DarthPierce
05.31.2012 , 03:07 PM | #175
Though I'm glad to see posts on the dev tracker again, I can't help but notice that we almost never get actual dev posts anymore. Georg for example used to be one of the most vocal devs, but hasn't been heard from at all since April. Was he silenced? Was he a part of the layoffs? Why do we only get posts from the community team?

Aikotetsu
05.31.2012 , 03:07 PM | #176
I think I'm lost here
I mean... I see great news, and I read some negative comments that doesn't really fit the subject, why is that?

Venomousplague
05.31.2012 , 03:10 PM | #177
I Love this game.....that is alll

Aikotetsu
05.31.2012 , 03:11 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by venomousplague View Post
i love this game.....that is alll
agree <3

Mogloth
05.31.2012 , 03:14 PM | #179
To kind of help the Community Team along with regards to usage of the word 'soon'.

I offer you more choices via Sapience from the LOTRO forums.

Soon

Many more options to use there.

Also, to people in here who are asking for specifics: You will never get them. I have been in LOTRO since open beta. You think you see 'soon' a lot here? HAHAHAHA

If BW was to offer even the hint of a specific and something happened to delay the feature, they would never hear the end of it. I know it gets frustrating. But you have to accept this is the way things are done. Who knows, maybe they can egg an actual dev to get post happy.

Oh yeah: it would be cool to know if classes have specific devs. How is that handled? I would like to know what kind of structure there is. Not to hold it against anyone. It's more of a curiosity thing.

Lord_Karsk
05.31.2012 , 03:14 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPierce View Post
Though I'm glad to see posts on the dev tracker again, I can't help but notice that we almost never get actual dev posts anymore. Georg for example used to be one of the most vocal devs, but hasn't been heard from at all since April. Was he silenced? Was he a part of the layoffs? Why do we only get posts from the community team?
Most of us enjoy talking to the community rep on the forums.On other game forums they will talk to
the developers and come back to the players on subjects the players wanna know about.Same thing here
will work just fine.