Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Adderdin View Post
Your question is irrelevant because the point of the blog isn't to answer your content questions. It served a good purpose to me and many others, as much as that might shock you.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Tormm
05.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by NRN_Hawk View Post
Would be cool indeed, as long as they don't consider my posts saying Allison is hot is trolling. xD

But yeah, I know what you mean.
I would support that and it only makes sense. If you aren't a paying customer you can't post here. Troll issues solved.

TUXs
05.31.2012 , 02:12 PM | #153
If you can answer, how close do you work with the development of the game? Are you in the same offices, down the hall, a few floors apart or working at a secret location? Do you attend production meetings? If so, how often do they occur (generally)? What does it take for you to bring a 'hot topic' to the developers (not like a server crash, more like the sound issue since 1.2)? What does a 'typical' day go like for you?

edit: GREAT idea!!! I hope you guys do this often!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs
05.31.2012 , 02:15 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by NRN_Hawk View Post
Would be cool indeed, as long as they don't consider my posts saying Allison is hot is trolling.
Probably not "trolling", but certainly creepy...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

OmySpy
05.31.2012 , 02:16 PM | #155
I was excited to see the original update post today, but I feel so uplifted seeing the DevTracker full of new posts!

I think a lot of people are disheartened without some connection to the game-makers; if we don't hear any news, we have no idea what's going on. "Maybe everything is going according to plan, or maybe everyone on the team got fired ( ) including the person who updates the website and we'll never know!" Being able to talk to you guys about problems or things we enjoy about the game is really nice for the community, and I hope we hear from you often!
(The Corsair) RezBanthamaul

BoMbY
05.31.2012 , 02:19 PM | #156
So, after you restructured your team, can you please update us on the timeline for server transfers/merges? Otherwise there will be not much of a community left to manage ...

Jaavik
05.31.2012 , 02:21 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by BossJawa View Post
too little too late, not much community left to manage tbh

so many things that should have been there and handled better at the start not at the start of the end

So when can we eagerly await the cancellation of your subscription?
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 02:22 PM | #158 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
I was excited to see the original update post today, but I feel so uplifted seeing the DevTracker full of new posts!

I think a lot of people are disheartened without some connection to the game-makers; if we don't hear any news, we have no idea what's going on. "Maybe everything is going according to plan, or maybe everyone on the team got fired ( ) including the person who updates the website and we'll never know!" Being able to talk to you guys about problems or things we enjoy about the game is really nice for the community, and I hope we hear from you often!
We definitely want to participate with you all and keep you as updated as possible. As a really avid gamer myself, I know what it's like to have to wait for information and to be frustrated when there isn't anything new, but unfortunately sometimes we're just not able to give more details until everything is 100% ready. We do know that reminding people about the information we HAVE given is important, so do be on the lookout for posts from us that direct people to the information we've already posted, as well as other posts and blogs! Thanks for your feedback

Eillack
05.31.2012 , 02:22 PM | #159
I'd like to say how sorry I feel for these guys...having to deal with one of the worst communities in MMO history is a big task. I honestly with you guys the best of luck though, and good to see the Community Team more.

TUXs
05.31.2012 , 02:29 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Mistakes happen and lessons were definitely learned, and we're going to be more thorough in everything that we do. Since all parties involved have no further issues with each other, I'm going to officially ask that we move beyond this. I'm going to, and I hope that you can as well. There is no reason to discuss this further.
I just wanna comment on this - as much as people were upset by what happened, the fact that you have bent over backwards to apologize for the error, and the numerous updates AND explanations, to me, has made a very negative situation, quite positive. This was handled well, in the end, Joveth.